Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What is the Best Programmer?

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2008, 7:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the Best Programmer?

I recently bought a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. It has the 5.3 V8, 4wd, automatic and i've heard the programmers make a big difference.

So, what is the best programmer on the market?

Some other things i've been thinking about are the K&N Air intake system, But for an exhaust i was thinking of a 3" X-Pipe then 3" straight pipes the rest of the way out.
Old March 9th, 2008, 7:42 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: What is the Best Programmer?

Welcome to the forum!!! For the programmer, everybody has their favorite. I believe there is no one best programmer, but there are several worth looking at. Try doing a search on programmers. For the CAI, I would suggest looking at S&B filters before choosing one: www.sbfilters.com
Also check out: http://www.thetruthaboutfilters.com/, they give real world results. If you want more opinion on S&B, do a search on it, and/or find the thread "K&N vs. the other guys".
Hope this helps.
Old March 10th, 2008, 7:24 AM
CF Active Member

I have the hypertech max energy and im not really impressed with it. the main thing to realize is that no matter what programmer you get, you wont see results from a gas motor like you would a diesel. i have also heard that Diablo predator is really good. it allows a little more custom settings plus the ability to reduce the torque management. that seems to be the big thing to get a better "feel" out of the truck because it helps reduce that "delayed" feeling when you hit the gas. but it does state that reducing or eliminating the TM can cause additional wear and tear on the drivtrain. the hypertech did give me about a .5-1mpg but it really wasnt worth $380.

anyways good luck with your decision.
Old March 10th, 2008, 1:30 PM
CF Senior Member

S&B intakes

Superchips programmers

Flowmaster Super 40 exhaust
Old March 11th, 2008, 9:49 PM
CF Junior Member

I have heard the chips are not that great for the money"?
But have not tried them yet so maybe >>>>
I have a K&N Air intake and am super happy witht the results!!!!!
And i love my Single chamber cherry dual out to 4inch tips
Old October 12th, 2018, 5:00 AM
CF Beginner

I have been using the diablosport inTune on my Chevy's for about 6 years. Great customer support, and fantastic tunes! I have the 93 octane tune, afm disabled, TCM shifts tuned, and a few other things you can customize in the settings. highly recommend
should also mention, I've been using the same physical device for six years. I just remove the tune from my truck before I sell or trade it. I actually forgot to remove the tune from my last truck, and diablosport customer support restored my device for free!
check link with a good review