Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

The "All you can view!" pics thread...

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2009, 5:47 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, Nice truck Z!
Old July 14th, 2009, 6:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice truck man Take a look at mine! I like our year trucks!
Old July 15th, 2009, 5:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys,

Any suggestions on the cheapest way to bring her up about 2 inches?

I've been a nissan(maxima) guy for many years, but have been bitten by the truck bug with this one. I always loved the body style of this year model chevy.
Old July 15th, 2009, 1:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cheapest way? Body lift Best way suspension lift.
Old July 15th, 2009, 1:27 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Actually on these trucks a suspension lift is cheaper. Get lift shocks and t-bar keys, then get shackles for the rear. Blocks will not work because the axle is on top of the leafs.
Old July 15th, 2009, 7:11 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by EvansBlue
Actually on these trucks a suspension lift is cheaper. Get lift shocks and t-bar keys, then get shackles for the rear. Blocks will not work because the axle is on top of the leafs.
Thanks, Best place to get these things?
Old July 25th, 2009, 6:04 PM
CF Monarch

Talking

I just told you wrong. I was thinking I was in the S10 & Blazer section. Blocks will work.

AutoZone has good blocks.
I think they have both machined aluminum and coated steel blocks. I have aluminum blocks on both my Silverado and Blazer.

And BTW, I know a woman from Crossville. Her name is Rachel. Don't know if she still has her 94 Blazer or not. She is a member of the Blazer forum that I used to frequent before I became admin here.

Aaaand... not to disappoint you guys.... Got some new pics of the Silverado. Not bad for a 13 year old truck is it?
Attached Thumbnails  The "All you can view!" pics thread...-100_0020.jpg    The "All you can view!" pics thread...-100_0021.jpg    The "All you can view!" pics thread...-100_0031.jpg    The "All you can view!" pics thread...-100_0034.jpg    The "All you can view!" pics thread...-100_0036.jpg  

Old July 27th, 2009, 4:08 PM
CF Active Member

I just told you wrong. I was thinking I was in the S10 & Blazer section. Blocks will work.

I think they have both machined aluminum and coated steel blocks. I have aluminum blocks on both my Silverado and Blazer.

And BTW, I know a woman from Crossville. Her name is Rachel. Don't know if she still has her 94 Blazer or not. She is a member of the Blazer forum that I used to frequent before I became admin here.

Aaaand... not to disappoint you guys.... Got some new pics of the Silverado. Not bad for a 13 year old truck is it?
How's the paintjob on that?
Or did you get it redone.

My '97 has quite a few chips in its paintjob
but you can't really see it until you get kind of close to the truck.
Old July 27th, 2009, 4:25 PM
CF Monarch

The paint is new and perfect on it.
Brand new base/clear as of early last year. It was fully painted. Engine bay, interior, underbody. everything. The trim/chrome is all brand new GM trim. Aluminum tailgate trim is new too. That was the hardest to find.
Old July 28th, 2009, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you brent do you know if the extended U-bolts that come with the autozone blocks will work on the Z rear end?

Quick Reply: The "All you can view!" pics thread...