Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

*********vibration update*********

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2013, 2:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up *********vibration update*********

Updated on my Vibration issue hope this helps others get their vibration issues resolved. I have posted in the past because I was unsuccessful with the several attempts at the dealership and calling GM customer service thinking I had purchased a Lemon for $35,000 I have always been a GM customer and was doubting GM's standards of trucks it’s sad I had to go to extreme measures contacting the BBB to get a simple fix resolved short story is the BBB talked to GM and scheduled a field engineer to come to Albuquerque NM from Phoenix AZ yesterday to road test my truck with some high tech computer and yes he did in fact verify the vibration he did state that it was within GM's tolerances but was there and would be glad to help try and resolve the vibration to my standard we returned to the dealership an I was given a rental thinking it would be days or more to resolve but the service dept called within 4hrs of leaving the dealership stating the engineer wanted to go on another road test I told them that I would be right there on the way there I thought this guy is going to screw me after several attempts prior replacing drive shaft, 3-4 sets of tires and road forced Balancing at two different dealers, running boards removed with 6 bags of cement placed in bed and still no change in vibration issue no matter what was done the vibration never went away. When I arrived the engineer was all set up and we went down the road smooth as glass the vibration was gone I asked what he did he stated that he only RF Balanced the tire and was glad I was finally satisfied I apologized for the extreme measures but I was not satisfied with the dealer telling me that they know there is a vibration but can’t seem to find the cause therefore could not make repairs he stated that not only he was happy to help me he also helped the tech use the hunter GS9700 RF Balance machine to its full capabilities. Attention GM and SERVICE MANAGERS the last 8 months of heart ache and stress could have been resolved at the lowest level if the Tech would have had the proper training and knowledge to obtain superior results with the Hunter GS9700 Road Force Balance machine.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
<o></o>
<o></o>
<o></o>
2012 Silverado<o></o>
US ARMY<o></o>
Old April 18th, 2013, 2:13 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Since I cannot quote do to the lenghth of the message I am trying to delete, I'll poat this AGAIN. The engineer probably all he does is balance or operate that machine, techs can't know everything, hence they have engineers. I will add this should have been addressed sooner.