Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Adaptive Criuise Control Rolling Update (Grill Update)

Old September 14th, 2013, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Adaptive Criuise Control Rolling Update (Grill Update)

I found out today Chevy will be adding Adaptive Criuise Control as a rolling update to the 2014 Impalas. This update also changes the grill to a solid design. As the owner of a 2014 Impala 2LTZ with every option, purchased in May, 2013 I am not happy. I happen to like adaptive cruise contro and would like to have it on mine. I also like the way the new grill looks that come with the update. I think it would be very nice of Chevy to offer this upgrade (free of charge) to people who already purchased the 2014 Impala. I payed for the top of the line model and have been out driving mine around showing it off, helping Chevy every time some sees it and thinks nice car I want one. I have been giving the Impala high praise and think it is am amazing vehicle. My hope is a chevy will reward we early buyers by giving us any updates.

Link to update page.
2014 Chevrolet Impala Introduces Adaptive Cruise Control | GM Authority

Thanks.
James
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Adaptive Criuise Control Rolling Update (Grill Update)-image.jpg  

Last edited by jameslaz; November 11th, 2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 9:07 PM
CF Beginner

James,

I ordered my 2LTZ with adaptive cruise control for the following reasons. 1) I wanted the active collision breaking 2) I liked the grill design better. The option to get the Adaptive Cruise Control cost me an extra $1400. There should be some way to get your car updated. Although this would be difficult as the Adaptive Cruise uses a Radar behind the grill as opposed to the camera behind the mirror. Good luck on your quest. My Car is scheduled for production October 12. I hope it arrives at the dealer at the end of October.

Travis
Old September 25th, 2013, 10:47 PM
CF Junior Member

I happen to think that the grill looks terrible with that radar housing on it, just atrocious. But I think the adaptive cruise control is cool enough to make up for it. I wish I had waited to buy one so I could get the adaptive cruise control, but I've known for months that I would have to make that decision when I was back in the country and wanting to buy one: wait for one with the cruise control or spring for one without. I ended up deciding that not getting it wasn't a deal-breaker.
Old October 31st, 2013, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

The MSRP for the adaptive cruise control update is $1800. I think that's outrageous for a feature that will only be used by poor drivers who zoom up on the car in front of them because they have cruise control on and aren't paying attention.

In addition, I assume the new grille design is the one featured in the current Impala TV ads. It's UGLY compared to mine! I am glad I bought my Impala now as I wanted a top of the line model which dealers usually order with ALL the options-and when this adaptive speed control is available they will add it-and I didn't want it.

In any event, my Impala has crash notification that alerts me if I'm following the car in front of me too closely. That's fine with me. I'll put on the brakes myself, thank you.
Old October 1st, 2019, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Is that the only ground wire on the ECU?

I have a 96 Silverado work truck that stalls after about 20 minutes of driving and won't restart until it cools. I have replaced the distributor, crank sensor, cam sensor, ignition coils, ignition coil module, throttle position sensor, MAP sensor, ECU, and connectors for the crank, cam, coil and module and direct wired them to the ECU, and removed the airbag module. All that's left is the ignition switch and this update, and direct wiring any grounds directly from the ECU to the battery.

My harness says "updated" but it doesn't look like this particular update has been done... Are there any other grounds going to the ECU? The center connector on the ECU that has 2 black wires, neither of those wires test good to the negative battery terminal? People are telling me it's possibly a ground issue.