Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

02 Silverado aux battery questions

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2007, 9:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Silverado aux battery questions

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I have been wandering around Google trying to track down useful information on using the aux battery on my Chevy truck and from what I noticed when I came across this forum there are some experienced people willing to share their knowledge...

I have an 02 Silverado reg cab 4x4 that I recently installed a custom fiberglass camper on (whole nuther story of building this camper...). The truck has dual batteries with a TP2 dual battery code. I would like to wire my camper for 12v and of course not drain the starting battery when using juice from the aux battery. I found what I believe is a relay located on the firewall by the aux battery and the manual says, "when using this provision, connection should only be made to the upper stud (A) of the relay."
My questions are,
[ul][*]1. does this relay act as a battery isolator?,
[*]2. do I literally run a 10-12 ga wire from that point back to the camper?,
[*]3. where would I connect for the negative side of the camper circut?,
[*]4. where do I find more information on wiring a camper using this TP2 duall battery setup?[/ul] I would greatly appreciate any information. Friends have tossed out terms like "battery isolator" and "battery switch" but I would like to understand and start with what Chevy had in mind before I start modifying anything. Thanks.