Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

04' Chevy Crew Z-71...WANT TO LIFT...but have questions!

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2007, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04' Chevy Crew Z-71...WANT TO LIFT...but have questions!

what do you all recommend in terms of better ride, longer lasting, less problems? what is the difference between a lift kit, spacers, body lift, etc? what is the best way i can get a 4" lift on my truck? please advise.
Old April 24th, 2007, 1:01 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: 04' Chevy Crew Z-71...WANT TO LIFT...but have questions!

a body lift just lifts the body, unlike a suspention lift which raises the whole truck. spacers, im not sure.

Old April 25th, 2007, 4:19 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

there are body spacers...(body lift) and wheel spacers, some people have to use wheel spaces for clearence on bigger wheels, a body lift only lifts the body and allows for biger tires but does nothing to the suspension so you only gain more clearance based on tire size...

Suspension lift is just what is says lifts everything except axles, uses blocks under rear leafs, and basically everything up front is new, torsion bars, spindals, etce etc....much more expensive...

for a 4 inch lift I would not advice doing a 4 inch body lift, to much and may crack the floor boards from twisting, a 3 inhc is as big as i would go on body, the worst thing on a body lift is the gap it leaves between the bumpers and on chevs the frame is even more pronounced undre the cab..

I would go suspension lift, the ride will be a little worse but you will be happier with the look feel of the truck. And do a 6 inch 4 is for women and besides that once you go suspension lift the cost is the same basically no matter how big you go.

We use pro comp on ours at hte dealership, and install them as well...some things your may have to cut your front bumper for clearance, and may get a driveshaft vibration.. more common on the duramax tho...outside of that go big or go home
Old April 25th, 2007, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

if your not wantin to spend a lot on ur lift then get a 3in. body lift and tighten ur tortion bars or get a levelin kit. that way ur lift would cost u under $500. but if moneys no object get a fabtec lift. but dont just get a 4in. you would be better off to get a 6in. cause the price difference is not significant. youllprobably either need some wheel spacers or a set of off set wheels. ive got some american racing wheels and i love um.