Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

04 Silverado W/Bose Can/Should I aftermarket the stereo?

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2011, 9:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Silverado W/Bose Can/Should I aftermarket the stereo?

I have a 2004 Silverado.
6 Disk Changer.
Bose Speakers.
No Onstar.
All factory.
I would really like to have some sort of iphone interface. I tried the USA-SPEC iphone interface but for some reason mine ran my battery dead. I didn't want to believe it was running my battery dead but after having my radio out of the dash 4 times and putting in a brand new battery it no longer can be disputed. It seemed to keep something in my truck ‘awake’.
What I would like to do is buy a nice new aftermarket radio. Maybe something like a JVC KW-AVX840.
Since I have the bose system it seems that this may be more trouble than it’s worth. Does anyone have any tips or personal experience that could guide me? Can I do this? Should I do this? What list of items would I need to pull this off?
Thanks for any information you can give.
fficeffice" /><O></O>
Mark

PS it does NOT have steering wheel controls

Last edited by Blastfurnace; October 31st, 2011 at 9:58 AM. Reason: Add information
Old November 3rd, 2011, 5:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replace my stock stereo (CD and tape player died). I went to Crutchfield and found a replacement radio. Your only limitation is what you want to spend.

I also have teh Bose and there's an additional adapter ($50) you have to buy to complete the interface with the new stereo and Bose amplifier. Installation was pretty easy, took about an hour to completely do.

Cruchfield sends you completer instrcutions and have free tech support if you have issues or questions.