Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

05 silverado heater and 4wd

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2008, 10:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 silverado heater and 4wd

hi guys, I am new to this forum infact it is my first post. But I am having a lot of proplems with my 05 silverado 1500 z71. first I will go with the heater, it only blows cool air unless I get the RPMS up and(thus going 60mph or faster) accelerating fast, but when i slow down it starts to cool down again, and doesnt get warm when the truck idles. usually I would say this would be the heater core but the only reason I think not is because of the fact I dont smell any radiator fluid nor is their a leak, but that doesnt make it not the heater core. any help would be amazing...

next is my 4wd system, when it is in auto or 4wd (so hubs lock) it makes a grinding sound that doesnt go away, kinda like a bearing or something. It also now is being eratic in the sense if I am in 2wd after I put it into 4wd it will try and lock one front wheel (usually my drivers side) into power so taht the truck pulls heavily in the front because of that tire being locked in with power. so my question is is there anything I can do for this...i dont think it would be low transmission or transfer case fluid but maybe grease points? or is it in the front differential thus being something a mechanic should probably do?

thanks guys any help is much appertiated

-Brent
[align=left] [/align]