Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

'07 NBS Silverado, Which In-Dash Navigation radio?

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2009, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 NBS Silverado, Which In-Dash Navigation radio?

Don't like the Factory AM/FM/CD, Don't like the Factory AM/FM/CD/DVD/NAV

Which In-Dash Navigation radio? Any suggestions? Any opinions?

Pioneer AVIC-F700BT
Kenwood DNX5140
JVC KWNX7000
Old January 15th, 2009, 8:39 PM
CF Active Member

personally i like the kenwood units i have had great luuck with them
Old June 8th, 2009, 2:03 PM
CF Beginner

Same here. I have been trying to find a unit that does alot of things. I realize I might have to give in on some of them, but here is what I have been looking for in order of most important to least important.

-NAV system (that can have its firm ware upgraded and doesn't use DVD's you need to buy)
-DVD Player (something that can play computer based files as well, ie download a movie in some sort of format and copy to a DVD or use a thumbdrive or SD card and play it on the in dash system)
-XM radio receiver
-HD radio receiver
-Onstar and Steering wheel controls still function
-Ipod controls and input
-TV Tuner (I like the idea of being able to turn on the tv to watch a game or whatever when waiting for someone)

Anyone have reviews of the unit they use, how hard was the install, what harness adaptors did you buy to get the onstar and such to keep working, ect.

be nice to have it all, but I am not sure if the industry really even makes one of these yet (for obvious reasons)
Old June 9th, 2009, 1:34 PM
CF Junior Member

I have the Alpine IVA-W505. It does just about everything you could want it to do. It has NAV as an add on option, but i know they're still working on updates and such. I personally dont have the NAV add on because 1) I bought a garmin 2 years ago, and 2) im trying to be able to drive places without help from a NAV. It plays DVDs and has the ability to play DIV-X files. You can run media off of a flashdrive or iPod also. You can retain the On* and door chimes with an add on module. I'm pretty sure it dosent have an option for a TV tuner though, but it is compatible with satellite radio and HD radio. I have mine set to watch a DVD while in drive (and i know its dangerous and illegal, but its for when I have friends in the truck on a road trip, I have enough self controll/responsibility to not watch while i drive). I'm happy with it, it does what i want it to, and I've always loved Alpine. You should definitely check it out.

Heres a quick pic from my phone.
Name:  IMG_00441.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  74.6 KB

Last edited by RoflCopter726; June 9th, 2009 at 1:42 PM. Reason: added picture
Old June 9th, 2009, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

I have a Kenwood DNX6140 from Crutchfield in my 2004 Z71. It's got nav, Bluetooth, iPod and DVD and they all work great. Highly recommended.