Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

07 Rear Speaker Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2007, 10:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Rear Speaker Upgrade?

I have a new 2007 Silverado and my only complaint is the sound that comes from the rear speakers. It sounded so badI took it into the dealer and they told me it sounded as good as other new vehicles they had on the lot. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a recommended upgrade speaker?
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:48 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 07 Rear Speaker Upgrade?

ya my brother complains daily, I sold it to him so I laugh.........the speakers aredonw in the bottom of the doors that is the biggest problem, if that is your only complaint then I say pretty damn good truck, could have a toyota with a crank problem, or motor mount problems, or the ****ty milage,.or......

seriously, if it bugs you that much go to a stereo shop and have them look at it, they can recommend some better speakers for you prolly.maybe add an amp...?
Old August 8th, 2007, 2:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Rear Speaker Upgrade?

I sell infinity anf jbl car audio, and people come to us with this problem all the time, depending on your truck, Extended cab, crew cab, regualr cab, with or without bose system, its hard for me to tell what speakersare in the rear of your truck. most likely you have a pair of the factory 6-1/2' round,and they are alot thinner then any aftermarket speaker.and can be tough to replace.if your interested send me an email with the information of your truck and ill see what i can find out for you. My work email is PhilG1@taconic.net