Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

08 Silverado Exhaust upgrade 5.3L

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2008, 3:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Silverado Exhaust upgrade 5.3L

I just bought a 08 extended cab 4x4 with the 5.3L. I have been debating on what exhaust to put on it. I was thinking of a borla, SLP, or magnaflow stainless cat back system, but then i heard some youtube clips with some flowmasters super 40's and super 44's, and the truck sounded amazing with them on. I just want to get some opinions on what i should put on my truck. I want it loud as possible but with a DEEP loudness. Also what air intake should i get.

Thanks alot[/align]

Old June 1st, 2008, 5:25 PM
Ride of the Month
June 2008

Default RE: 08 Silverado Exhaust upgrade 5.3L

if you want the deep loud
id say go with the magnaflow its what i run
and a guy at work got his down after i did with the same thing
cat back mag.
he has the same truck as you

i have the 6.0L and a 2500 but its deep
i love it deep
Old June 1st, 2008, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

yeah i was looking at the magnaflow system, does it sound loud on the guys truck at work like my truck. do you like flowmasters
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:19 PM
CF Active Member

Something to think about while in pursuit of the perfect sound...I had flowmaster on my Sierra and it sounded great.The downside was thedrone at certain speeds which ended up driving me crazy.

Old June 1st, 2008, 10:40 PM
Ride of the Month
June 2008

im not a fan at all of flowmasters
as mary900 said they have drove me crazy at 60-70 MPH
as the mag. still are plenty loud trust me.
when i start my truck in the am at my 2nd house its a town house and im parked about 200 ft. away from my house
and when i hit the remote start at the back of the house and its parked in the front i still can fell the vib. and sound in the walls im so so so inpressed with the mag. as alway have been.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 1:57 AM
CF Junior Member

A little off topic, but has anyone found a good solution for exhausts for trucks with AFM? I have an '07 5.3 with AFM and i've been holding back on getting any type of exhaust upgrade b/c all i've heard is that it will sound like a rice burner when it is in V4 mode. Any help on this?
Old June 2nd, 2008, 2:33 AM
CF Beginner

Would you go with the super 40 flowmaster single in/dual out or super 44 single in/dual out. I want the deepest loudest sound with the best performance. I am gonna go split rear, what size tips should i get. [/align]RoflCopter726Yeah i have been hearing the AFM thing with duals, but i heard that doesnt matter. i have the same truck as you, but metalic blue, nice isnt it.

Thanks [/align]
Old June 2nd, 2008, 3:14 AM
CF Senior Member

The flowmaster super 40, dumpedin front of therear axle,sounds great on the 5.3 with AFM. Its loud, its deep, and honestly it doesnt bother me at all inside the truck, I mean dont get me wrong you can hear it, but dont you want to? Maybe its just me, but I want to hear my engine growling. When im cruising at highway speeds its not annoying at all, low volume radio covers it up. You dont even notice a sound change when it goes into AFM. Weird, I was expecting the worst with 4 cylinders. I dunno. My buddy at work has the Super 44 dumped under his bed, sounds even better. Especially when he hammers on it taking off.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah i think im getting the super 44 single in and dual out, maybe dump it i dont know yet, im going to my muffler guy and he is gonna measure everything up and do a custom job. question i know it is 3" in but what is the best dual out of the muffler 2.5" or 2.25"or 3" if it is possible
Old June 2nd, 2008, 1:28 PM
Super Moderator

Tadkins24, welcome to the forum!!! You should check out S&B filter: www.sbfilters.com you can see mine in my sig. Great porduct.

Quick Reply: 08 Silverado Exhaust upgrade 5.3L