Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

09 silverado going crazy

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2013, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 silverado going crazy

Traction control /stabale track light / abs light / locks then unlock like crazy / If you turn truck off it wont start untill you sit a few min.
Truck is 09 with only 32,525
Old May 21st, 2013, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 09 Silverado extended cab 4wd 6.0....on Sunday the running lights decided not to shut off even when the car is turned off. I've had to pull the battery cable when I get somewhere to keep the battery from running down. Not good. Dealership can't get a look until Friday and they acted like it would take an act of congress. Any thoughts? I've been wondering if it is time to ditch this truck...had trouble with the stabilitrak some time ago too (ok since the throttlebody was replaced).
Old May 21st, 2013, 9:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mnsilverado
I have an 09 Silverado extended cab 4wd 6.0....on Sunday the running lights decided not to shut off even when the car is turned off. I've had to pull the battery cable when I get somewhere to keep the battery from running down. Not good. Dealership can't get a look until Friday and they acted like it would take an act of congress. Any thoughts? I've been wondering if it is time to ditch this truck...had trouble with the stabilitrak some time ago too (ok since the throttlebody was replaced).
Welcome to the forum, mnsilverado.

We're sorry that there's a delay in getting you in to the dealership to get this checked into. If you would like for us to check into this further for you, don't hesitate to contact us privately with more information (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and a summary of the situation).

Sarah (Assisting Erica)
Chevrolet Customer Care