Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

electronics going crazy

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2009, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default electronics going crazy

For about the last 2 months this has been happening at least 2 times a week. I will be driving down the road and all the electronics (radio, climate control, gauges, etc) will cut off and back on and the door locks will cycle. The engine never shuts off though. When this happens the climate control will reset to 74 degrees with the passenger side and aux on etc. I have also notice that sometimes when i turn it on in the morning the climate control has reset so this is something that seems to be happening driving or not. Last of all occasionally the Tahoe will not crank and has no power to anything, basically like there was no battery in it at all. I let it sit for around 30 mins to an hour then it starts and runs just fine. And of course like most i have the dead battery, after 5 mins of radio play with the ignition, off syndrome. Anyone had this experience and had it fixed?
The following users liked this post:
DavidDeBord (April 14th, 2022)
Old November 26th, 2009, 7:55 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

What year is your Tahoe? Any codes?
Old November 27th, 2009, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

'07 LT. I work at a GM dealership and it shows no codes, they have no idea. Of course like always you never know when it will happen so they havnt actually witnessed what it does. Who knows what it is.
Old November 27th, 2009, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Since the service department has no idea I was hoping that someone may have dealt with this same problem and knew of a fix for it.
Old November 27th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Read about a similar problem and it was caused by a wiring harness chafing down by the parking brake.
The following users liked this post:
DavidDeBord (April 14th, 2022)
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

ok, thanks i will look around down there and see what i can find.
Old December 21st, 2009, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

Thinking now it may be a computer issue. A couple of days ago i went to start it and the battery was completely dead. Hooked up cables and it started immediately, which was odd out of a completely dead battery. Yesterday i went out and the battery was dead again. I read a post somewhere that brought up the possibilty of it being a computer issue so I unhooked the + battery terminal for a few seconds, put it back on and it started right up.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:46 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default christine ???

i think i would get the wiring schematic and try pulling your grounds,they can play havock with these systems clean up the surfaces and apply a dielectric grease, start with the ones that get the most exposure to the elements or fluids i.e. brake,power steering, if you are at a dealership run a battery systems check and check the bleed down or current draw when everything is off checkers or autozone have the ability also,recheck any recent installs anything electronic even sensors if all else fails put on a pair a dark shades and call her christine aaahhh! good luck theres a bunch of them
Old June 13th, 2014, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moose932.. I realize it's been several years since your post about electronic issues with your tahoe. Did u ever find anyone to diagnose and fix the issues.? My 2010 does exactly what you described. I was barely able to drive it to dealership today. So hopefully they can see the issues...
Old June 14th, 2014, 5:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey there 2010silver,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing with your Tahoe. I understand that your vehicle is currently at the dealership. Please feel free to keep us updated with the status of your vehicle. We will be glad to document any feedback you may have. Also. if you have any questions or concerns regarding your Tahoe we will be glad to help!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: electronics going crazy