Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

09 silverado sounds?

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2010, 4:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 09 silverado sounds?

Hey brothers,i got here is a 09 4x4 s/b extended cab.Its got the 4.8 liter v8.It has 14,650 kilometers,ya i live in canada,sorry,anyway is anyone experiencing a type of squelling sound at all.It started when it got cold up here in the north and it does it every now and then.It seems to do it under accelleration and when going up a hill or down,could it be tranny problems or maybe a pulley or something?I had it at my dealer today for a general service and wouldnt you know it ,thats right it didnt make the noise.And best yet on my way home which is a 2 hour drive it started doing it again.Oh ya it doesnt do it on start up or idle,just when im moving???.We thought it was some ice build up , i went to the local car wash,cleaned and washed the girl good,took it home and put it in my heated garage for 2 days to thaw out,so it cant be that.So if anyone has experienced this same odd sound could you give me a heads up thanks.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i've been experiencing something similar too. I just bought my silverado last month. it was ok at first, but started to make a high pitched noise when i accelerate, turn, and the steering wheel would vibrate. Not that bad but noticible for sure. I think it started when i installed in K&N air filter, but I dont know how that would be related. I'm going to the dealers sometime soon to see if they can find out whats going on.