Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1977 Chevy C10 AC Help!!

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2014, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1977 Chevy C10 AC Help!!

Hi all I have a 1977 chevy c10 and I recently put a belt on the AC and it still doesn't work. so I checked the fuses, I found the Heater/AC glass fuse and it was good but below it says "AC" and then points below but the problem is I don't know what goes there it says 20A so I am guessing a fuse? but There is only one (1) prong so it cannot be a fuse. the only thing I think it may be is a power feed but why then is it rated 20A? it kinda has the same prong as the Battery feed but it doesn't fit? The owners manual labled the slot with a "U" but I again have no clue what that means. Any help would be great this truck is my baby and I am trying to get everything working right.
Old May 9th, 2014, 8:36 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Think you're starting at the wrong end of the horse. A '77 will have a fuse link at the compressor. They will blow to protect the compressor if the freon is low.

Unplug the connector at the compressor and using a test light, test the green wire with the key on and set to A/C.

Allan
Old May 10th, 2014, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok sorry for the long reply, but I did test it with the "AC" on and nothing no power, but I did trace that green wire from the AC back to behind the motor where it has a connection and then splits into a Lighter green wire but it seems like I am missing a plug in at that connector but I traced the light green wire back to a plug in with two prongs by the evaporator?? I think?? and that had power I don't have power from the AC unit to that Switch on the firewall but the light green wire has power to it. so does that mean that the in line fuse is blown?

If you would like let me know I can take some pictures Thanks again seems like we are getting closer