Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1989 Silverado 350 TBI Problem

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2011, 11:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1989 Silverado 350 TBI Problem

hey everyone.

sumed up. Fuel pressure regulator spring is broke. and i cant find a replacement.

ok well i rebuilt my engine not to long ago and i ended up cleaning my TBI along with changing out all the gaskets and o-rings and so on. well i bought a gasket kit that came with everything i needed well thats what i though. I started to change the Fuel pressure regulator, this is where i ran into a problem. well i started to take the bowl off were the pressure reg. spring is at then i herd the spring snap before i got it completly off. now im screwed on a spring because i cant find one for the life of me. auto zone, napa, advanced, none of them sell the spring or even a kit that comes with a spring. Ive checked summit, jegs and others but they dont have it. the weird thing is that the GM dealer around here says they never sold that part.

also i only one of the junk yards around here that has a 305 tbi but all i need is the spring and they want about 100$ for a 305 tbi and i need a 350 tbi plus i dont know if it is still even good. i dont really feel like paying 100$ for a single spring.

any help would be great or any ideas that might be able to help out thanks everyone.
Old March 14th, 2011, 1:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Default A company you might check with

I have been ordering parts for my truck from LMCtruck.com they have litteraly every part you can imagine, heck i can even order the screws to remount my tray for my glove box. Check them out you might just be in luck
Old March 17th, 2011, 11:54 AM
CF Junior Member

hey thanks for the reply firelance911, i looked it up in there catalog and couldn't find one. the only thing i have been able to find is a fuel pressure regulator diaphragm kit and it doesn't show or say anything about the spring. i went up to my local autozone the other day and asked them if there was a spring in the FPR diaphragm kit and they said no.

could anyone tell me what the top part of the tbi is so i cant look it up and posibly just replace that part.

(the part that holds the fuel pressure regulator, and keeps the injectors in place)

here is what i found from autozone
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...r=79688_0_6211_
Old March 17th, 2011, 9:48 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tbi

NAPA has what they call an "off car repair kit" that has everything in it including the reg. spring. I got one for my 90 a while back. Someone is just too lazy to look,
Old March 19th, 2011, 9:18 AM
CF Junior Member

hey thanks OLD WRENCH, there website isn't working atm they updated it but later today ill go up there and talk to them and see if that will help me out. i went up there before asking the guy about the pressure reg spring but they couldn't tell me they had one. they werent exactly sure what i was talking about i dont think either. i post back later to to let you guys know if i found it.
Old June 16th, 2011, 3:31 PM
CF Junior Member

ok well i found a spring finnaly on ebay. i coudln't get any help from napa they wanted to sell me the whole top part of my TBI for bout 40-50$. thanks for all the help everyone.

here where i got it

GM TBI Fuel Pressure Regulator Spring | eBay