Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1991 C1500 running wierd!! Help!

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2014, 5:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 C1500 running wierd!! Help!

New to the forum and hoping to gain a little knowledge about a problem I seem to be having! I just bought this truck not long ago and the guy said the newer engine (350 5.7L) has around 70,000 miles on it. When I'm driving and I take off the truck seems to jerk back and forth. It will start to pick itself up, then if I give it a little more gas will kinda jerk forward and seem to sorta bog out but never dies. Does it through about every gear. It also does it when I keep a constant acceleration sometimes too. It kinds jumps back and forth if that makes sense. It also shifts really hard into second when I try to accelerate hard when it's doing this. I added Seafoam to try to treat the gas and see if it would clean out the fuel system and seemed to run a little better but still does it. The pervious owner said the fuel system was all replaced due to it going out on him not long ago. When I'm driving and press the gas all the way down, sometimes it will downshift and accelerate ok but sometimes it won't. It just doesn't seem to have the power that it should for the most part when I accelerate. I thought maybe a carb issue but as of now I'm stumped. It almost seems like it's getting too much gas when I press the gas in and kinda sputs itself out. Does this sound familiar to anyone or does anyone have an idea of what could be going on? Thanks for any help!!!

EDIT: Ran the codes and I got code 32 (EGR valve) and 43 (ESC circuit). Should I replace both of these?

Last edited by curtj23; May 11th, 2014 at 8:17 PM.
Old May 11th, 2014, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked my EGR valve and I have no vacuum line coming from it. Is that normal? I can't find where one is or would plug into either?