Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1993 silverado z-71 issues been sitting a year

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2014, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 silverado z-71 issues been sitting a year

ok my buddys family owns a tow company and over at one of there yards they had this truck.. my buddies wife got it and they decided they didnt want it before they did any thing to it.. they needed a little flat screen tv so i swapped em..

now i figure it has little to no gas so i put a few gallons in and it starts with a charge.. albe it ruff as heck..

ok on to the issues im having.. i noticed some of the grounds in the engine bay were bad..

when i go to start it it some times chirps and the dash and air conditioning gauge goes crazy..

if i let it sit for a day it starts fine and doesn't act like it has a short.. when it does start the check engine light comes on and the code says code 13 for the sensor on the exhaust and i replaced that..

today i got it running but it started back firing out the throttle body.. not a lot just a little.. and i noticed some one stole the 4 wheel drive drive shaft to the grear box..

well heres a couple of videos and if you have any ideas on what i can try please let me know.. just trying to figure out why its running ruff and what to try..

Last edited by DigitalFubar; March 28th, 2014 at 9:35 AM.
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:12 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would start simple, distributor cap, plugs, wires, and go drive that sucker around and run all that bad gas out, see if it clears up at all. After you do that, let us know if anything changes, oh go to a junk yard and get that drive shaft.