Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1995 Chevy Pickup

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2009, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Chevy Pickup

Just bought a 95 pick up with a brand new paint job so the body is clean, so is the interior, frame and cab mounts are all clean as well. Just wondering about some noted problems for these trucks.

Really not sure if the tranny is original but probably not. 160k miles on the vehicle. I numbered my problems that are on the top of my list now so helpi to fixing them would be greatly appreciated.

1.As of now the electric button to move forward does not work but the rest do.

2.The 4 way button is broke and stuck like down i guess.

3.You have to push the breaks in far until they actually start to stop(I think if i bleed them right that would be fine)

4.When you press the gas in about half an inch or an inch it cuts out then goes real smooth, just starting off.

5. And its leaking oil out of the pumpkin(think a new seal would fix it)
And if any of you are thinking of pick a part, there is one near me lol

Thanks
Old March 30th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I LOVE MY 95 AS FAR AS THE BRAKES JUST BLEED THEM AND PUT NEW FLUID IN IT IF THAT DOES NOT HELP MIGHT NEED A NEW BOOSTER. HAS THIS THING BEEN SITTING A WHILE? YOU MIGHT CHECK TO SEE IF IT HAS A CHIP IN IT. MINE HAD A SUPER CHIP IN IT WHEN I BOUGHT IT AND IT RAN CRAPPY WELL COME TO FIND OUT WITH A SUPERCHIP YOU NEED TO PUT PREMIUM GAS IN IT. YOU MIGHT LOOK AT THAT OR PUT FRESH GAS IN IT AS FAR AS THE CUTTING OUT PROBLEM. ALSO PULL UP ALL CODES IF IT HAS ANY AND SEE WHAT YOUR COMPUTER IS TELLING YOU. AS FAR AS THE 4WAY PROBLEM MINOR I WOULD SAY FU** IT!!! AS FAR AS YOUR OIL LEAK I WOULD TAKE THE COVER OFF AND WHILE YOU HAVE IT OFF CLEAN IT OUT REAL GOOD CHECK OUT YOUR RING AND PINION FOR ABNORMAL WHERE REPLACE THE FLUID AND THE GAS YOU CAN NEVER BE TO SAFE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THAT GUY DID TO THE REAR END!! i WOULD ALSO CHANGE OIL AND TRANNY FLUID TO I ALWAYS DO THIS TO A NEW VEHICLE. ALSO IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH TIME THE ENGINE HAS LEFT CHECK YOUR COMPRESSION, ANYTHING BETWEEN 115- 150 IS GOOD BAD COMPRESSION MEANS, BAD RINGS, PISTONS OR YOU NEED A VALVE GRIND. I USUALY CHECK MY COMPRESSION BEFORE I BUYY A VEHICLE AS THIS TELLS YOU HOW LONG YOUR ENGINES GOT!! ANY OTHER QUESTIONS YOU GOT HIT ME UP I HAVE WORKED ON A LOT OF 90S STYLE CHEVYS
Old March 31st, 2009, 2:38 AM
CF Beginner

i love chevy trucks, but every older one that ive used or had, has had a small leak, which results in having to push down really far. in my 89' i add fluid and then it works normal then after a week or two goes back the old "pushing it way down". my dads truck was the same way, he had it checked out and had a small leak which they fixed and worked perfect ever since, not sure how much it cost. the rear end is easy, take the cover off, check everything out in there of course, get new gear oil and go to the local hardware store, get some RVT silicone to seal it back up. use a small paint scraper or something to clean on the old silicone from the cover and rear end where you bolt it up. put the silicon around the cover evenly and bolt it on, let it sit for a good 20 minutes then put the fluid in, should be a plug on the front side of it.
Old March 31st, 2009, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the hints and help guys, but im still wondering about that electric button to move the seat forward...is there any way to move the seatforward manually?

And im concerned about the plug for the gear oil because i know they strip easy.

Suzuki-guy, i want your rear end haha
Old March 31st, 2009, 9:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YOUR CARRIER UNIT WILL HOLD 4:56 GEARS!!! JUST COST YOU BOUT TWO HUNDERED DOLLARS!!! THE ONLY REASON I HAVE 4:56 GEARS IS FOR MY 35 INCH TIRES. bUT I GOT MY CARRIER OFF OF EBAY FOR TWO HUNDERED WITH POSSI AND LIMITED SLIP. SO WHAT IM SAYING IS LIFT IT AND GET BIGGER TIRES AND RING AND PINION!!!! I LOVE MY 95!!
Old March 31st, 2009, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Is it a single bench seat or buckets?