Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1996 silverado trouble please help!!

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2009, 7:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 silverado trouble please help!!

Hello i am new to this site but here is my problem, i have i 1996 silverado 1500 z-71 with about 152000 miles on it. i just recently took a snomobiling trip with my truck and i got all the way there and starting noticing transmission problems and my check engine came on. so i came all the way back home got out the code reader and it listed these codes....

P0700 Transmission Control System Malfunction
P1870 transmission component slippage
P1192 Post-catalyst Fuel Trim System Bank 1
i then tried to drive it today and it wouldnt move at all like nothing worked not drive or reverse. so i cleared the codes and it started workin on my way to work it was doing the same thing so now i been talking to mechanics and such about the problem but i need to find something to fix this problem fast and cheap

it can be the transmission if i cleared the codes and it worked fine so if anyone could help me if they had this problem and tell me how they fixed it and is it a easy or hard fix

thanks alot!!!