Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2 to 3 starts

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2008, 3:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2 to 3 starts

Try BG 44X, extreme stuff but cat safe.

http://shop.autobahnpower.com/produc...ctor%20cleaner
Old February 15th, 2008, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Just had similar issues with an 88'... Running the cleaner helped it tons... Instead of 3-4x trying to start, its just a flick of the key and she's running...
Old February 15th, 2008, 4:24 PM
CF Active Member

ya i agree with northey that stuff is super strong, it will burn that crap right off but its still safe for your exhaust system
Old February 18th, 2008, 1:42 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bordr415

Just had similar issues with an 88'... Running the cleaner helped it tons... Instead of 3-4x trying to start, its just a flick of the key and she's running...
Hey guys thanks for the input- I have been off here for a while.
06chevy5.3
bordr415
northey87
Im gonna try a can of that ZX cleaner- since you guys have used it and had good luck. How many gallons of gas do you usually add it to? Thanks.

Old February 18th, 2008, 2:37 PM
CF Active Member

it should say on the back of the can, see what would be nice if you had a pressurized system to run it through the fuel rail like i have.. i bought it off the snap on truck, you pour that stuff in the container, tap into the shrader valve on the fuel rail, pull the fuel pump relay, hook a air hose to it and it runs that whole bottle through the fuel rail, works really good, but im sure it will work the same with it in your tank... let us know how it goes bud
Old February 18th, 2008, 3:32 PM
Super Moderator

One can does 15-20gal. When I did it to my truck I used two cans when I filled up, I have a 34gal tank. Pressuring it through the fuel rails is what the dealer would do when they do a injecter service. BG 44Xis the same stuff the dealer uses, the "can" you can buyhowever is more for pouring it in the tank than forcing it through the injecters. The dealers have a specailizedpressure can so they can controll the pressure,that they hook up to you injectersand then run the engine forsome amount of time per side/injecter.
Old February 18th, 2008, 3:35 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: 06chevy5.3

it should say on the back of the can, see what would be nice if you had a pressurized system to run it through the fuel rail like i have.. i bought it off the snap on truck, you pour that stuff in the container, tap into the shrader valve on the fuel rail, pull the fuel pump relay, hook a air hose to it and it runs that whole bottle through the fuel rail, works really good, but im sure it will work the same with it in your tank... let us know how it goes bud
Now that sounds like something worth buying- how much did it cost you and is it called a fuel rail cleaner? I'd like to look into getting one, thanks.
Old February 18th, 2008, 3:38 PM
CF Senior Member

thanks northey 87- i think im gonna get a couple cans and give it a shot adding it to the tank and if it does not work then ill take the next step- ill let you guys know if it works.
Old February 18th, 2008, 4:33 PM
CF Active Member

umm it cost me about 2 pretty pennies lol, i work at a dealer and they didnt want to supply me with one, i bought it from snap on, and i think mac makes one too, you can check it out on there website it cost me around 350

i work at a dodge dealership and drive a chevy
Old February 18th, 2008, 4:45 PM
CF Senior Member

yow- im going in the tank first- its nice to see you stuck with a chevy even though you work at dodge- i think im tearing up its so nicehe he

Quick Reply: 2 to 3 starts