Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2000 Chevrolet Silverado Security Light Problem

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2015, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Chevrolet Silverado Security Light Problem

Help,

My elderly 2000 Chevy Silverado has developed what might become a fatal ailment. One cold snowy day in December the security light came on and has stayed that way. It starts quite readily but will only run for a few seconds. Through online research I've discovered this is a common problem. I've tried all the common suggestions without success.

I've tried the solder a resister in between the ignition switch and the BCM which didn't work. I also tried on the advice of a local mechanic replacing the ignition switch/wiring harness assembly also to no avail. After each change I tried many times over the relearn the code procedure all without any success.

As I said this is an elderly vehicle (15+ years and 400K miles), I'm aware that for a thousand dollars or so (which I don't have) and a visit to the local dealer this nightmare could all go away.

Any help anyone might offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Alan