Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2000 k2500

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2015, 5:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 k2500

Hi, I just joined this forum. I have a speed related, rear vibration/ bounce in my K2500. There is a slight vibration at low speed but becomes very noticeable at 45 mph and is pretty much gone at 55mph. I have tried all the usual things, balance tires, rotate tires, installed Rancho RS 5000 shocks about 2 years ago, replaced brakes shoes, bearings and seals, Replaced U joints and carrier bearing. Vibration is still there. Any thoughts?
Old October 3rd, 2015, 4:04 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Depending on the tires, you might want to have someone else balance them. I have Duratracs on my 2500 Burb. They are notoriously hard to balance. The Goodyear shop was incapable of balancing them in three attempts. I finally went to Firestone and they got it right.
Old October 3rd, 2015, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The vibration is kinda hard to describe. I would almost say it is a bounce. It has done it enough that the rear tires are wearing odd. Like they are scalloped. I've considered the tires but it seems by rotating them it would have moved it to the front. Oh also, this goes away when I have a load in the bed, such as firewood or my truck camper. Has anyone ever heard of springs going bad on these trucks? It has 158k on it. I've owned it 6 years and its always been mildly noticeable but lately I think it's getting worse. Thanks