Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2001 Silverado 1500 - AC Line Part/Description Needed

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2015, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Silverado 1500 - AC Line Part/Description Needed

2001 Silverado 1500 - 6 cyl, 2WD

Hello all,

I have had problems intermittently with my AC on the truck - and know that I had leaks at both schrader valves - so I purchased a Mastercraft valve stem removal tool that allows me to replace them without losing my AC charge.

Low side replaced just fine.... Then I took off the cap for high side - and heck - it looks like the schrader valve had been pushed in and broken. Of course - all the R134a has left the system while I tried with futility to turn the valve with nothing to grip. My first thought was simply to replace the high-side service port. Nope. It's been in place so long that all that happened when trying to remove it was to mangle up the aluminum of the port's 5/8" wrench surface. It looks like the line needs to just be replaced - however - I need to make sure I order the correct one.

This line comes from an aluminum block fitting on the passenger side of the lower radiator area - up to the high-side service port - then a fitting where the other side of the fitting goes to the low-side service port. Any idea what this line is called? (or even a part number would be great) - so that I can order the correct line? (then install, evacuate the system, and recharge...)

Thanks,
Rex S.
Old July 6th, 2015, 9:12 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to Rockauto.com when you are ordering the lines there is a small thumbnail and when you click on the info button another tab opens and you can see the part you are ordering. I like that because if you know what the part looks like then you are sure you are ordering the right one.

Even if you don't order from them you can get a part number you can either cross reference or use when you go to get one.
Old July 6th, 2015, 10:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! I'll do that!