Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2004 Silverado 4.8l Slow Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2015, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Silverado 4.8l Slow Acceleration

Good Morning.

I have a 2004 Silverado that I use for work that has some acceleration problems.

First thing in the morning everything runs perfect. Acceleration is great and everything shifts fine. The problem comes in after about an hour I can step on the gas and the truck will just get up to speed at the pace it wants to, not at the pace I want it to. Basically the stepping down on the pedal doesnt increase acceleration like its supposed to. When this starts happening the shifting can be a little rough but not too bad. It gets a lot worse when the AC is on.

I have no check engine lights on.

I use this for work and in order to take this in to have it checked I would have to take a day or 2 off and I cant afford that right now. My question is, is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this and maybe find something simple? Ive read about possible knock sensor problems, fuel filter or even O2 sensor problems but I dont know where to start.

Ive only had the truck for 3 months so im not sure about previous maintenance or repairs.

Truck has 105k miles

Any insight would be appreciated.