Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2005 Silverado A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2011, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Silverado A/C problem

The A/C in my truck completely went out. The only way i feel any air come out of the vents is if i have it on setting 5, and yet very little will flow through. Any suggestions on how this problem could be fixed?
Old July 1st, 2011, 1:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Pie_roo,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? If so, have you spoken with your dealership about this issue?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 1st, 2011, 5:04 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Pie_roo,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? If so, have you spoken with your dealership about this issue?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service

Is probably the control panel. Mine would only blow ot air. The panel is a printed circuit board and is notorius for going out on this model. Got a used one at the local U-pull-it auto salvage for $25. Simply pop the dash trim loose (must turn on ignition and move shifter to low to get it out of the way), then two 5/16 screws and a clip on each corner and it slides right out. unplug the two plugs on the back and replace in reverse order (about a 10 minute job).
Old July 1st, 2011, 6:32 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I see the chevrolet customer service is just as helpful as it was 50 years ago. These people are trying to find a solution to their problems without paying a $100 fee for diagnosis. When working in Chev dealerships over the years I was never helped by the company with a problem. The standard answer was"we have never encountered that problem,if you find a solution let us know". Now if you would research a problem and come up with what usually fixed it that would be helpfull. But knowing how things work I imagine you would not be popular doing that as the main thought is to get people in the dealership,and this can be hit or miss. I had a noise in the front end of my GM product and being crippled up I took it to the dealer. After a road test and exam I was told it was an inner tie rod end. I knew this was wrong so I brought it home,replaced a stabilizer link,and the noise was gone. So Lizzy come up with something helpfull,they know they can take it to a dealer.
Old July 10th, 2011, 11:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi Pie_roo,

I hope you were able to find your problem. If you have it corrected, would you post what was required to get it going.

Thanks,