Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2006 silverado heated seats works by itself??

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2020, 9:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone foud the solution?

Originally Posted by Josh McSwain
I unplugged the green two wire plug and next time I started the truck I heard clicking coming from center console behind where the cigarette lighter is. I had to plug the green plug back to stop the clicking. My heat seaters only come on at random times when it has rained or high humidity. I unplugged the wires going from the door master module to the heat seater controls and the heat seater still comes on. Why can’t I fix this? Thanks

I hear a clicking under my glove box when its trying to stay on, also i have noticed that it doesnt come on when my door is open. I have also tried to replace the fuse. Could this be a relay issue?
Old August 31st, 2020, 9:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default Heated seat issues

Guys, I wanted to give an update. I was having issues with my heated seats coming on and off, at the same time I had an issues with my rear right "trailer turn and stop signal". the fuse was blown for some reason. I replaced the fuse, lights work and no more heated seat issues. This might not be the exact answer but possibly check some of your other fuses. If i didn't have the issue with the trailer light i probably would have never checked fuses for other things. Hope this helps good luck.
Old January 5th, 2021, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About 11 years too late but the reason you couldn't duplicate is you had your door open. The switch that activates in the door when the door is fully closed is what triggers it. It's the same switch that extinguishes the door panel light, the one at the bottom. If you're riding and it starts turning on open your door slightly, until that door light on the bottom of the door turns on, and it will work as advertised. I'm still trying to figure out why that switch is the culprit.
Old January 7th, 2021, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default Answer to heated seats problem

Originally Posted by parrothead1824
i have 06 silverado with heated leather seats. they worked fine all last winter. yesterday, they work by themselves. it will turn on high, then low, then medium. when i turn it off, it will turn itself back on. this thing is burnig me up.. is there a relay or sensor going bad somewhere??? it is only on the driver side
I unhooked the green cord under my driver's seat at the right rear of the seat. I don't have seated seat anymore. However my biscuits aren't burning all the time now either.
Old January 12th, 2021, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just wanted to leave here what worked for me...

I had the issue where my driver’s seat heater would continually turn itself on and change heat settings on its own. I also had an issue with my mirrors not adjusting properly. I took the main switch module apart and thoroughly cleaned the two circuit boards inside the module with electronic friendly cleaner. The module comes apart easily. Just be careful with the plastic clips. I put it back together and now the mirrors adjust properly AND my driver’s seat heater is NOT turning itself on anymore. The seat heater works like it should. I just wanted to leave this here to maybe help someone in the future.
The following users liked this post:
edub (February 10th, 2022)
Old February 10th, 2022, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thank you JKDAVIS

Originally Posted by jkdavis32
I had the issue where my driver’s seat heater would continually turn itself on and change heat settings on its own. I also had an issue with my mirrors not adjusting properly. I took the main switch module apart and thoroughly cleaned the two circuit boards inside the module with electronic friendly cleaner. The module comes apart easily. Just be careful with the plastic clips. I put it back together and now the mirrors adjust properly AND my driver’s seat heater is NOT turning itself on anymore. The seat heater works like it should. I just wanted to leave this here to maybe help someone in the future.
can you please clarify the main switch module location just so im more familiar with what im looking for ??
thank you !!
Old February 11th, 2022, 4:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edub
can you please clarify the main switch module location just so im more familiar with what im looking for ??
thank you !!
It is the main switch panel in the driver’s door. The module with your window switches. I have attached a picture.
Old March 21st, 2023, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

Has anyone tried replacing the switches I know this is an old thread. And I seen someone said they cleaned it but I tried cleaning mine cause my power mirrors aren't adjusting correctly either. If so can someone recommend a inexpensive replacement part or should I just buy the acdelco one for 200+
Old March 22nd, 2023, 12:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Drev
Has anyone tried replacing the switches I know this is an old thread. And I seen someone said they cleaned it but I tried cleaning mine cause my power mirrors aren't adjusting correctly either. If so can someone recommend a inexpensive replacement part or should I just buy the acdelco one for 200+
Dorman makes some of these switches, just make sure you verify all the vehicle criteria to get the right one - www.dormanproducts.com

You might find some other options at www.rockauto.com
Old July 28th, 2023, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default Cleaning Works!

Hey guys, thought I would leave my experience here for all others who may reference this in the future. I too had the same problem with my 2006 3LT truck's heated seats going rogue turning off/on up down whenever it wanted. At first it wasnt bad, only turning on by itself every time the door was closed while the truck was running. Then it got worse over the next few months, turning off and on randomly while driving, but bearable. This last month it was going up and down on and off and would NOT stay off. Anywho... I decided, before replacing the entire switch, I should just take a look. It took about 20 minutes to get it out of the door panel, and another 5-10 minutes to disassemble the switch itself. There are two PCB panels in the switch, the the lower one (which you can remove and is the first one you will see when you pop the backing of the switch off) and the upper one (which I do not believe is removeable; only visible after you've removed the first panel). At first glance it looked fine to me, until I removed the board and looked at the other side. It was absolutely COVERED in a thick layer of dust. I wish I had taken a picture for you guys, but take my word, the whole panel was caked in a thick layer of dust. This would make sense that even a hint of moisture in the air would allow the board to conduct electrical current through a moist layer of dust this thick. Anyway, I went to town on cleaning it slowly with a bunch of Q-Tips and alcohol (DONT USE WATER GUYS LOL), gently scrubbing all the contacts and electrical surfaces. This took some time, but no more than about 20 minutes of gently scrubbing. Finally, let it dry, and reassembled the switch, and installed back in the door. It's been about 3 weeks now, with absolutely no hiccups at all, the seat turns off and on when I tell it to, and no more rogue modules turning the seat heaters on randomly!! Gotta say, for about an hour and halfs worth of work, this definitely was worth it! No more fried buns!

For all those out there that have this issue, I'd highly recommend just checking out the condition of your switch and giving it a good cleaning before spending your hard earned money on a new switch, cause its not a cheap part. Good luck!