Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2006 Silverado Vibration/Shaking above 65mph

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2021, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Silverado Vibration/Shaking above 65mph

Afternoon. I have 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, 4x4, 5.3L. I purchased this chevy in April 21' and the previous owner had just repaired the front end (upper/lower ball joints, tie rods, etc) plus a new-rebuilt steering box. This truck does have a 4" suspension lift (I do not know the brand).

After purchasing and driving a bit, this truck likes to vibrate above 65 mph. I have had it to Point S and Les Schwab (twice), the Point S visit they rotated and balanced the tires and this actually made everything worse. I then took the truck to Les Schwab, they said the tires were way out of balance and that a couple tires were out of round. They moved the best tires to the front and re-balanced everything. The vibration still was there. I took it back to Les Schwab, told them again what was going on and they checked the tires again, this time there was horrible cupping on my right front tire. I ended up having them install brand new Maxxis Tires 33x12.5x20, completed an alignment and had them inspect the front end. Everything checked out good. New tires seemed to provide a good ride and handle well compared to the older tires but........as soon as I drove above 65mph the vibration was there again.......

This vibration comes on dang near immediately when I hit 65mph, and then the vibration fades and then comes back and then will fades and so on. I did install new u-joints in the rear drive line, as this was mentioned by someone that the problem could be the u-joints....that did not help either.

I am lost at what it could be and I am not confident that Schwab can figure it out.

Hope for some suggestions on this and thank you all.
Old July 26th, 2021, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

vibration felt where...thru the steering wheel or body of vehicle.
Old July 26th, 2021, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very slight in the steering column, nothing in the steering wheel. The majority of the vibration in felt in the cab and does feel like as if vibration moves as it fades in and out. If that makes any sense!