Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2006 silverado weird noise

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2012, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 silverado weird noise

Good day all,

My 06 silverado has a thump, thump, thump noise...sounds like it's coming from in the dash down low, maybe behind the glove box.. really hard to tell. can't hear it with the hood open. just inside. everything works ok, just that noise drives me nuts! any ideas would be much welcomed...
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:21 PM
CF Senior Member

Yes please someone tell us what this is, I have a 99 and mine does it and my friend just asked me today what that noise was and I have no idea.
Old October 9th, 2012, 8:20 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by fullswedge
Good day all,

My 06 silverado has a thump, thump, thump noise...sounds like it's coming from in the dash down low, maybe behind the glove box.. really hard to tell. can't hear it with the hood open. just inside. everything works ok, just that noise drives me nuts! any ideas would be much welcomed...
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> fullswedge,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. Would you please clarify this issue? Does it occur all the time, intermittently, just over bumps, only during idle or any additional details?

I look forward to your reply. Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 9th, 2012, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
fullswedge,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. Would you please clarify this issue? Does it occur all the time, intermittently, just over bumps, only during idle or any additional details?

I look forward to your reply. Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Hello Louis
It sounds like your taping your finger on your desk, sometimes faster than others. It does it just with the key on, or after i start it. Everything works fine, it's just very annoying. Thank you.
Old October 10th, 2012, 3:20 PM
CF Senior Member

I have the exact same thing, it does it on start up on or off of a/c. It most of the time goes away after a few minutes but it stays sometimes for awhile. Just like fullswedge said everything works, just annoying.
Old October 10th, 2012, 8:15 PM
CF Veteran

more than likely its the 1 of the air/recirculation door actuators thats stripped out. the early 90s pickups had a lot of issues with the recirc actuators doing that...hell mine has since i've owned it
Old October 12th, 2012, 2:35 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by fullswedge
Hello Louis
It sounds like your taping your finger on your desk, sometimes faster than others. It does it just with the key on, or after i start it. Everything works fine, it's just very annoying. Thank you.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> fullswedge,

"cleveland63b" offers a possibility. The problem is it can be difficult to diagnose an issue like this over the internet. I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for additional assistance. They should be able to offer an official diagnosis after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service