Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Battery discharges rapidly

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2010, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Battery discharges rapidly

Hello Guys,

Just looking to be pointed in the right direction, I got a 2007 chevy silverado crew cab 4x4, and over the last month if I start my truck with the remote starter and not start the truck with the key within the 15 min run time, the truck naturally is programmed to shut off, nothing stays on ( lights, radio, etc) but when I try to restart it a hour later the battery is so low wouldnt turn over. So I load tested the battery it is good, unless there could be a dead short in it ( but problem is intermittent). I also this morning dissconnected the remote start because the truck did the same wouldnt start after it was running on the remote, let it time out, gave it 1 hr , boosted it then it was fine. Now the SERVICE DETTERANT SYSTEM LIGHT on the cluster is on. I also started the truck with the remote and tested the alternater, its ok.
Any hints or suggestions.
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:27 PM
CF Beginner

just a updat i disconnected the remote starter and no more dead short batterym just curious if it was because the warmer temp, any one else have a battery issue with a 2007
Old March 25th, 2010, 11:51 AM
CF Active Member

Yes some of us have; my 07 NBS battery ran down after leaving the radio on for 1/2 hour, but once jumped it ran allright for a year. Then I left the flashers on for 1/2 hour again & the samething happened. After jumping it started all summer 110F to 10F winter no problems. After reading some of the post on here I had my dealer look at it (a year later) & they found a dead cell and replaced the battery! Now I watch where & when I use the battery with the engine off and no problems. I haven't had a problem with the remote start yet so good luck with the problem.