Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Silverado CC 4X4

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2008, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado CC 4X4

I own a 2007 Silverado CC 4X4 LT2 with a little over six k miles on it. At this point in time I'm not a happy camper with the unit: too many little things to list. Before, I’d owned Ford trucks and was happy with all except the last one: 2005 F-150. The Silverado has always had an idle problem; the engine feels as if it’s dropping a cylinder at an idle, and gets poor performance and gas mileage. There seems to be noise coming from AC/Heater blower motor as well as radio problems. The unit has an uncomfortable ride; plus there is noise in the rear axle and pulsing brakes on stopping. This is my first Silverado, but not my first Chevy product.

The previous Chevrolet product I owned for six years gave me six years trouble free service. The only thing I was required to do was take it to the dealer for scheduled maintenance. The tires gave me over 65k miles before replacing them. When I sold it the brake pads had yet to be changed out and the battery was still going strong.
The Silverado was supposed to be equipped with trailer towing package. All that is there is tow haul mode. To tow a travel trailer I'm going to have to upgrade and get a new Class IV hitch system; digital brake controller and extendable mirrors to tow legally and safely. I understand there is a heat problem with some Silverado transmissions. So, I'll probably switch to AMSOIL in the AT.

I'm going to change overto AMSOIL this next service interval (in about another 1k miles). I'm not sure if I'm going to change out axle and transfer case lubricants at that time or wait until later. I’ve used AMSOIL products before and they do make a difference.

I need some feedback. Or maybe I'm getting to picky in my senior years. Contact me on site or by e-mail.
Old March 30th, 2008, 3:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 2007 Silverado CC 4X4

i dont understand what you are asking? if there are people that are having the same problems as you, how to fix them, or what kind of fluids you should put in your truck? make some sense
Old March 30th, 2008, 7:18 PM
CF Beginner

I don't believe that I asked any questions, maybe opinions (feedback). I was simply making statements about myvehicle,and statements are followed by periods. There were no question marks in my post. I think I made sense with my statements and left them open ended in the event others others wanted to comment, regarding theirs or mine. If all you have to say is negativethen don't reply.

I know what kind of oil andlubricants I intend to use in my vehicle: AMSOIL. I have also discovered since my postthat the axles come from the factory with synthetic lubricant. I was making a statement that I'm not overally impressed with my 2007Silverado; it's performance and mileage. The vechicle goes to the dealer when I find problems with it, but many times the dealer can't repsond to the problems. I know there is nothing that can be doneas far asthe interior is concerned. The more I talk to other Silverado owners they all seem to be having similar problems, especially the seats collecting lint. That was simplynever an issue with my Suburban. I guess I became complacent over the years with a trouble free Suburban.

So, once again, if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything. Just a thought. I made the purchase and I'm stuck with it for at least two years.
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:48 PM
CF Junior Member

as far as running amsoil in your truck id say that you will be fine with the rear end. id wait until 10 grand to put it in instead of the regualar dino oil. the lint problem was solved in my truck with a couple of seat covers, youll still have problems in the rear though.
Old March 31st, 2008, 1:40 PM
CF Beginner

cdusthockey: spoke to the service at Chevy today. The drivetrain comes with synthetic oil from the factory. I aksed about Chevy service changingover to AMSOIL next interval and was told that would beno problem.

No solution as to the lint problems, except seatcovers. As far as fuel mileage they assured me that would improve with time. I hope so.
Old March 31st, 2008, 4:22 PM
Super Moderator

What did the window sticker say you would getas far as gas milage?
Old March 31st, 2008, 5:04 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: pathfinderstow
I need some feedback. Or maybe I'm getting to picky in my senior years.

Well at least you got a handle on the issue.
Old March 31st, 2008, 6:25 PM
CF Junior Member

well i learned something new, did they put synthetic in the tranny too or just the rear end? also, you will notice a slight improvement in mileage as you put miles on your truck. i am currently getting 16mpg average, and i noticed that if you use cruise control as much as possible you will also see an increase in mileage. i noticed almost 2mpg just from using crusie as much as i can. so are you gonna put 5-30 amsoil in there then? what are the prices on that around your area? i think its about 7-8 bucks a quart around here, and they say that you can run it for a full year also. i would also reccommend putting a amsoil filter in there when you change it, or a more top of the line filter to better filter out all the crap.

Chad
Old March 31st, 2008, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

northey87: you asked about the window sticker mileage, 16 mpg city and 20 mpg highway. Currently, with 6k miles on it I'm getting roughly 15 mpg on average. I haven't taken a long trip with it or pulled anything behind it yet.

Chad: Apparently form speaking to the SM and PM today they tell me that the entire drivetrain is synthetic and good for 100k miles.

I'm an AMSOIL rep, although not active, so I get a diso****. The top sellers range around $8.00 a qt.average retail. I've opted to use AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 synthetic motor oil. A tad more expensive, but the oil and filter are recommended for 25k miles or one year. That equates to about a $100.00 saving in a years time.

I will also install (have the dealer install) the AMSOIL oil filter and air filter when it is serviced. I'm 68 yo so I don't care to get down on my back any longer, not to mention disposing of the old oil and filter.I became an AMSOIL rep in the late 1970s. I used it in my race cars and racing engines. Icontinueusing it in family vehicles, motorcycles and other toys although I no longer sell product.

I checked with the SM today and was told not to put Flowmaster or other exhaust on the vehicle; also, told not to put aftermarket air filter system or performance chip on the vehcile as that would void the warranty. He tells me that the mileage will improve with time and mileage.

You all have a good day.
Old April 1st, 2008, 12:15 AM
CF Junior Member

legally you can have an aftermarket exhaust on your truck, but if you have a chip, that voids your warranty. most programmers have a way to set your truck back to its stock settings so if you every have to bring it in to the dealer, you will just have to change it back. my buddy had a 05 chevy with the 5.3 and he put a hypertech on that and noticed a noticible gain in Mileage and performance. i have opted to stay away from any of that aftermarket engine stuff though because i spent a lot on my last pickup and to be honest, i wished i would have saved all the money for gas. well see, my dad is looking to get a hypertech for his 07 NBS silverado for his birthday in mid april. i will have to let you guys know how that goes.

good night

Quick Reply: 2007 Silverado CC 4X4