Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Silverado driver's side heat problem

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2009, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado driver's side heat problem

My 07 Silverado 1500 2wd pickup is blowing only cold air from driver's side vents. It has dual manual slider controls. The passenger side blows correct temperature. All other settings do work also. I just can't get any heat at all on driver's side.

I have been searching the internet and found several issues with the left side blend door actuator. I did a recalibration process and it did not help.

Is there any way to manually check for DTC's? I've done it before on an old BMW car by turning the key to on and pumping gas pedal a few times and waiting on the flashes of dash light to count out the code. Is there any way to do this to my Silverado?

Also I know there are a few actuators on the hvac unit, so how do I determine which one is the one I need to replace?

It is getting cold now and I am in desperate need of some direction. I called my local dealer and the parts dept. said they have an actuator in stock for $290, but I don't think the girl understood exactly which one I needed. She kept asking me about the "mode". I kept telling her that only the driver's side heat did not work.

I am able to change the actuator out myself, but I just need to know which one I need to change. I can see the one on the left side of the hvac and the one on the bottom of the hvac. Just don't know which one to change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think the newer vehicles do the clap your hands, stomp your feet and turn the key 3 times thing. Pretty much any auto store will check the codes for you for free. I doubt the AC system will show up on there since its not a part of the powertrain, unless they include those items now on the newer models.

I am sure someone here will be able to direct you better than me.

Last edited by Mike Sigmond; October 8th, 2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old October 8th, 2009, 1:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this is a question for your dealer and/or local auto supply store.
Old October 8th, 2009, 6:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man if your truck is under 36k is still under warranty and the dealer has to fix it for free, and let you borrow a truck in the mean time.