Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Silverado electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2011, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado electrical problems

I have 2 problems. I dont think they are related but I could be wrong. First, my power locks keep locking. As I am driving they just keep clicking trying to lock, This can happen 10 - 20 times a minute or more. Second problem is the cruise control does not work properly. It will only set once in a while, and it seems to only work when it is hot outside, didn't work at all this winter when it was cold. Any ideas??
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

dstottman,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Have you been into the dealership for this issue at all?

Thank you
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 28th, 2011, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
dstottman,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Have you been into the dealership for this issue at all?

Thank you
I see you comment exactly the same for everything, go to the dealer. I have not gone to the dealer because last time it cost me 500.00 to replace a 30.00 part that I could have done in 15 min. I've seen similar issues and I hope one of these smart people have an explination for me.
Old June 28th, 2011, 4:10 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

dstottman,

I know it is frustrating for forum users to see someone say go to the dealership. Going to the dealership is the first step for me to help anyone. If you want someone from GM to see that you’re experiencing an issue and you want help then you need to go to the dealership. The dealership documents these issues and can talk to someone higher up for a resolution. I do understand that this does vary between people. Some people do not want to go to the dealership and some do. I ask if people if they have been to the dealership so I can know who wants help with their issues. I am here to help everyone I can.
Thank you,