Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Silverado - HELP- LOST KEYS!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2008, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado - HELP- LOST KEYS!!!!!!

2007 Silverado 3500 diesel. Lost keys. Had a new set cut from the key code, but keys wont start the truck. Anyway I can reprogram the ignition myself without having to take it to the dealer????????
Old January 6th, 2008, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 Silverado - HELP- LOST KEYS!!!!!!

2007 Silverado 3500 diesel, lost keys. Had new set cut from the key code, but wont start the truck. Anyway I can re-program the ignition to the read the keys I have without having it towed to the dealer?????????
Old January 6th, 2008, 5:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Last week I saw a listing on ebay for blank keys for these trucks. It also had posted instructions on how to learn the keys into your truck. Two different meothods, one if you still had a key and the other if you didn't. I don't remember the actual instructions, but you can do a search on ebay and also on google.

Good luck
Old January 6th, 2008, 6:31 PM
CF Junior Member

I found the details. I figure if I post it here, I will be able to find it again should I or anyone else ever need it.

IF NO OTHER WORKING KEY FOR THE CAR IS AVAILABLE: 1.Put the newly cut Master key into the keyway and turn it to the ON (RUN) position. A "Security" indicator light on the dashboard will stay on for 10 minutes. 2. Within 1 minute after the indicator light goes off, turn the ignition to "OFF" then return to the ON (RUN) position. The indicator light again will stay on for 10 minutes. (DO NOT REMOVE THE KEY) 3. Again, within 1 minute after the indicator light goes off, turn the ignition to "OFF", then return to the ON (RUN) position. The indicator light again will stay on for 10 minutes. (DO NOT REMOVE THE KEY) 4. When the light goes off for the third time, the new key is programmed into the computer and will start the car. Remove the key and then re-insert it into the ignition lock and start the car. All previously stored codes will be erased. To stop the process at any time, simply remove the key and use an existing key to start the car.
[align=left]::HOW TO PROGRAM THIS KEY IF YOU HAVE ATLEAST ONE WORKING KEY ::[/align] FOR CARS WHERE YOU WANT TO JUST CREATE A SPARE KEY: 1. Place an already programmed key in the keyway. 2. Cycle the ignition from OFF to ON (RUN) to OFF. 3. Within 15 seconds, insert the new, properly cut Transponder key in the ignition. Turn the key to ON (RUN) or START. The "Security" indicator light will go on and off. Turn the key "OFF". The key will now start the car. Repeat the second step for each new key to be programmed.