Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Silverado LT : Do I have XM Radio???

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2009, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado LT : Do I have XM Radio???

Hey Guys,
I just bought a 2007 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 (new model), and am confused to whether or not I will be able to get XM radio on it. When I press band, it just swaps between FM and AM, this makes me think it does not have it. What does make me think it has it is the original owner said when he bought it new it came with a free trail. Also when I press another button it says "XM feature only" or something to that effect. I would appreciate any advice you have on finding out for sure, I would love to subscribe if it has it. Thanks!
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:40 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should have xm in this truck no doubt abou it, if you press band and go am, fm and xm, in xm you have to be able to listen just two channels i think is 244 or something that traffic and channel one which is general info about xm programing, also in channel 0 you will see the radio id # that you need to give to the xm people when you call to subscribe, that is what i see in my radio ever since my xm subscription run out, so if you are not able to see this channels, at least channel 0 you might want to go the dealership and ask those morons what the deal is with your radio, but if you want a radio from a '07 silverado with the new body style like the one you have, xm ready let me know, i upgraded to navygation system and my stock radio is in like brand new condition, i can send you pics of it.

also just so you know personally i don't renew my subscription to xm since they changed programing and they joined sirius, but it is just me, but you know i got free xm for a week this past week and it was ok, i guess they give you a free week trial to make you subscribe but i didn't fall for it, but i will keep an eye on new programing to see if they add somenthing that i like
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Silverado LT : Do I have XM Radio???-imga0018%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by QUETRANPA; December 3rd, 2009 at 8:30 PM. Reason: just an update
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:16 AM
CF Active Member

Owners Manual tells all. I think the big black thing on the roof should give it away also.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

I have an 08 with the same thing going on. When I got the truck it had the XM; I used the trial and let it run out. Now I can't even get to the XM so I think its just a subscription thing.