Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2008 Silverado Stabilitrac Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2011, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Silverado Stabilitrac Malfunction

Last evening while approaching a stop light the stabilitrack service message came on, followed by the service engine light. As I started to slowly accelerate to leave the intersection, the truck started to vibrate, idling roughly and the truck jerked as the transmission shifted into the higher gear. Thankfully I made it home safely and parked the truck. I started it this morning, the message is still on, the service engine light is still on and the truck idles rough.

I plan to get it to a dealership Monday AM, can anyone give me some background on this problem what the issue might be and how it can suddenly and without warning appear in normal driving conditions.

Thank you.
Old July 11th, 2011, 3:10 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

wetzny,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, I can’t determine what the issue could be. What did your dealership have to say about this issue?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 25th, 2011, 2:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost sounds like mine! Maybe 2-3 times a year, my Stabilitrack and ABS lights will come on for no apparent reason. Ive taken it to the dealership each time, luckily i still have warranty on it, and all they do is reset the system. Sometimes though, if i shut the truck off and wait a minute to turn it back on, it will reset itself. I think my lift kit may be a factor to it...Oh well, the truck looks good anyways, LOL