Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2011 Silverado brake/gas pedal. Is it just me ?

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2011, 7:04 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Silverado brake/gas pedal. Is it just me ?

I just replaced my beloved 2004 Silverado w/a 2011. I did not want to give up that truck but sometimes you need to do what you need to do.

So I've got this 2011 and I'm just not in love with it. Does anyone else notice that it's difficult to transition from the gas to the brake because of the off set in the two pedals ? I feel like the seat needs to be 3" closer to hit the gas and 3" back to apply the brake. I thought it was a,"Getting use too" thing but it sucks to drive in busy traffic. I can't just leave my heal on the floor and move my foot left/right. I find myself having to lift my whole leg. Is it just me ? ALSO Does anybody else have this weird hard downshift ? If I'm pulling into a lot, parking space, my driveway the tranny does a hard downshift and then surges forward. Truck has less than 3k on it and I hate driving it.....

Last edited by mac67; December 14th, 2011 at 8:12 AM.
Old December 15th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Some models of the 2011 Silverado have an adjustable throttle and brake pedal feature. If your vehicle offers this feature, you can change the position of the throttle and brake pedals.

No adjustment to the pedals can be made when the vehicle is in R (Reverse) or while using cruise control.

The control used to adjust the pedals is located on the instrument panel below the climate control system. Press the bottom of the control to move the pedals closer. Press the top of the control to move the pedals away. Before you start driving, fully press the brake pedal to confirm the adjustment is right for you. While driving, make only small adjustments.

The vehicle may have a memory function which lets pedal settings be saved and recalled. If this function is available on your vehicle, the controls are available on the driver's door. Adjust the pedals to your preferred setting, then press and hold "1" until two beeps sound. To recall your adjustment, press and release "1" while the vehicle is in P (Park).

This information is also available in your owner's manual.

Adjustable Throttle and Brake Pedal: page 9-31
Memory Seat, Mirrors and Pedals: page 3-5

A digital copy of the manual is also available at: http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/pdf/...1silverado.pdf

As for the downshift issue, it is difficult to diagnose the problem without additional information. For example: whether the vehicle has an automatic or manual transmission. Your vehicle is still under warranty, I would suggest stopping by the dealer for an inspection. A physical inspection would allow for a more accurate diagnosis.

I hope this information was helpful. If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Have a great day!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 21st, 2012, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default harsh downshift when slowing

my 2010 Silverado 1500 5.3 does just that. Most noticeable when slowing and turning into my driveway or slowing in traffic. Irritating and somewhat dangerous.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
CF Junior Member

My 2011 doesn't do that
I don't have adjustable petals but I don't notice it
This is my 3rd gmt900 truck and I like them over the gmt800 which I also had three of
Old March 24th, 2012, 1:00 AM
CF Junior Member

I bought a new 2011 Silverado. It has the pedal adjustment. Tried different settings, did not notice much difference. I think they are at their highest position .

Bottom line, I am not liking this truck.