Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2013, 11:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been dealing with this for 8month in and out of the dealer serv dept. Several times I purchased a 2012 Silverado ext cab 4x4 z71 new at about 6000k the vibration started still no fix current 21000 the last 15000k has really made me really second guess GM standards of trks and customer service waiting response fro the BBB just be prepared to contact them and keep all document of all repairs and attempt to repair CYA.
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:09 AM
CF Beginner

All Chevy trk owner if you have purchased a new trk and are getting the run around and have given a GM dealer more that 5 attempts to correct issues because most states lemon law states after 4 attempts you should keep all invoices and document times and dates contact the your state BBB at Untitled st-all-bbb-locations/ and file online you will get a packet in the mail to make copies of all attempts that you have given the dealership to fix we as hard working Americans need to hold GM accountable for sub standard vehicles and customer service.

2012 Silverado
US Army
Old March 28th, 2013, 3:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default Excessive Vibration

All Chevy trk owner if you have purchased a new trk and are getting the run around and have given a GM dealer more that 5 attempts to correct issues. TIP!!! most states lemon law states after 4 attempts to repair same issue (you should keep all invoices and document times and dates and contact the your state BBB at Untitled st-all-bbb-locations/ and file online you will get a packet in the mail to make copies of all attempts that you have given the dealership to fix we as hard working Americans need to hold GM accountable for sub standard vehicles and customer service.

2012 Silverado
US Army
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls --> <!-- / controls -->
<!-- message, attachments, sig -->
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default Is this a 4WD only issue?

Hi All,
Does anyone know if this is only an issue for 4 wheel drive trucks? It seems like all the posts on here are 4wd, and lots of them are Z-71s
Old March 30th, 2013, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Don't know for sure. Most that I read were 4X4. Had the transfer checked on mine in case there was some sort of mis-match. Also checked both end gears to make sure matched. Drove 225 miles last night. New problem: vibration and bouncing get worse at hiway speeds when taking curves. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Started with bouncing, now vibration at all speeds and add in worse on turns....one day I expect to see my butt sliding down the hiway at 70 MPH with a big smoke screen behind me and a red-***. I've never been an evil, retaliatory or overly-mean person but I sure hope someone from Chevy, especially someone from Hendrick Chevy in Shawnee Mission KS, gets burned over this. Biggest rip-off sales and service ever.
Old May 21st, 2013, 4:34 AM
CF Beginner

As I was one of the first to reply to this page I feel I should tell how to fix the p.o.s. Z71. I just traded it in on a new 2013 Toyota tundra, and I took a beating, and I still had a bucket full of promises from my dealer. We will do this ,we can try this ,when the 2014s come out we are going to fix you up.....BULL****....26 TIMES IT WAS BACK TO THE DEALER.....the vibration got worse and it drove me nuts and GM THE **** COMPANY THEY HAVE BECOME DOESNT CARE........I drove Toyotas in the 70 and 80s and bought in to the buy American and purchased my new Z28 in 1980 and had nothing but Gm sense then. After 26 years Im done when the brakes went bad on an 8 % grade on I 64 in West Virginia When appling the brake it thumped and hopped, when taken to the dealer was told they will do that when they get hot again....BULL****......GM required them to turn the rotors and although the mechanic said if turned they would be at the bare min. on the specs. But back to the shake it drove me nuts and the next to last time I was there they kept it for a week and when I picked it up the repair ticket said could not find any problem. Hope all the best to all here and I was determine to stick this out but I had over $40 thousand in my truck and couldnt stand driving it down the street and on long trips to Va my wrist hurt so bad I had to put ice on them when I got there. After all the Toyota is made in the USA. GM JUST SUCKS and will never grace my driveway again. buyer beware dont buy into the GM like a rock its not anymore.
Old May 31st, 2013, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same issue with my 2002 Silverado 2500 HD Ext Cab 4x4. Front and rear brakes have been replaced, alignment done, shocks are 2.5 years old, rotated and balance tires.

I have had an annoying rattle at Driver Front when traveling over rough paved road which would go away mid-rattle when the brake pedal was touched ever so slightly. This was fixed once after the front brake job was done but came back a month later. The initial mechanic said the caliper guide pin/bolt was broke or missing. They say the guide pin/bolt is not a factor this time and everything is tight/looks good. I just noticed today that I don't hear the Driver Front rattle, but the rough ride is still present.

The last shop pointed out the camber bracket/bolt on Driver Front is showing signs of more than usual traveling when compared to the Passenger Front. Recommended new camber kit.

Any ideas how to decrease the rough ride? Additional suspension parts?
Old June 1st, 2013, 11:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default gm warranty fraud

This is a known problem. It is referred to by gm as highway hop or a harmonic frame flex vibration. They have no fix for it. I listed a couple of audio links of Chevrolet admiting what the problem is and if that is what i am trying to fix I will never get it out.
Rumor is something is in the works to take gm to the cleaners on this fraud cover up.

GENERAL MOTORS ADMITS FAULT Sound Clip and Quote - Hark
Old July 3rd, 2013, 7:01 AM
CF Beginner

Please keep me inform on this, My 2012 2500HD LTZ Ext Cab had the same problems. I have been to the dealer several times for the vibrations. Been thru the ringer with them and the same bull **** responses from Chevy care.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 8:16 AM
CF Beginner

Mine does it some days, does not do it others and that is on the same road at the same speeds. GM Customer service absolutly sucks. Telling me they can't help if the dealer can't replicate the problem. I took it to another dealer and guess what... They CAN replicate the problem, whether or not they will or can fix it is another issue.

The entire point of GM Customer service is to assist when you can't get help from the dealer, it's a bunch of crap. I'll assure you of one thing, If this does not get fixed soon I will never purchase another GM Vehicle and that is all I've ever driven.

The first GM Customer service rep I hung up on, the second case I opened recently never called me back.

Quick Reply: 2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.