Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2011 Transmission

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2011, 9:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Transmission

Thank you for the information on this site. Ive been lurking around and looking at some of the issues raised by the members and the answers given. I am impressed by the knowledge and the lack of b.s. I recently got rid of my 6.0 F250 and was happy to buy my new 1500 Chevy with the 5.3l engine. It went to the dealer for a temperature intake fan problem (steady clicking while driving), honestly not being able to find it drove me insane. The second issue was the way it shifted. It feels like it shifts through all of the gears before I hit 25-30mph. It seems to seriously lag if I hit the gas and then downshifts radically to "catch-up" This seems to be more noticeable on the first start of the day. The dealer has been great, and I dont know if it genuinley a vehicle issue or me learning the newness of the truck. The dealer asked that I drive it for another 2k miles and see if it "learns". Im cool with that but he others I test drove shifted smooth and this just seems a little radical. Anyone heard of/or experienced a similar problem?

p.s. it has about 1600 miles on it now.

Thanks

Last edited by dock420; May 9th, 2011 at 9:13 PM.
Old May 10th, 2011, 5:50 PM
CF Active Member

Sounds like my 2008 same gears and shifting. I also think there is a lot of lag in the gas pedal to engine operation as well. In my old car when I go over speed bumps I give it a touch of gas to compress the rear springs and keep the rear end from bouncing as much. In my Silverado when I do this I find that the gas pedal to engine signal lags so much it is hard to time. I believe the gas pedal is a computerized operation, you'd think that would be faster.
Old May 12th, 2011, 8:49 AM
CF Beginner

You can take the truck to a tuner and have the shift properties changed. I too have a 09 silverado and had the same problem. If you need help with changing the shift properties, I will send you my tune file that has all of that changed. I love the way mine shifts now.
Old May 12th, 2011, 10:27 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by garomans
You can take the truck to a tuner and have the shift properties changed. I too have a 09 silverado and had the same problem. If you need help with changing the shift properties, I will send you my tune file that has all of that changed. I love the way mine shifts now.
The thing that puts me off on your comment is every time I hear of someone talk about a performance engine tune or transmission shift adjustment it seems like mileage suffers. Although you would think tighting the transmission would increase mileage by eliminating the time the transmission spends in two gears that fight each other in order to make the shift transition smoother.

I would also think it would help with Chevys cheap plastic parts in the transmission that wear out and require transmission rebuild because they wouldn't have to work as hard.
Old July 17th, 2011, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

ok-for those interested, I think it has been resolved, it was a fuel supply issue. I was able to drive it for a few more miles and determined that the engine was "surging". Apologies for saying transmission, thats just what it initially felt like. Im going to include all of there codes-I dont know if it is a dealership code or some type of universal diagnostic codes from chevy.

"For the complaint of engine surge: "Cause FUEL PRESS. REGULATOR LEAKING.
DR DRIVEABILITY/ENGINE PERFORMANCE
2261 W
FC: PART#19256389 COUNT: 1

3736 SEE LINE B

Customer states when turns vehicle off the vehicle sputter and coughs before turning off completely
"CAUSE: F
L1200 FUEL TANK FUEL PUMP MODULE REPLACEMENT
2261 W
1 19256389 W-MODULE KI
DIAG DIANOSIS TIME
2261 W
ADDTIME ADD TIMES FOR WARRANTY
2261 W
FC:6061
PART# 19256389
COUNT: 1
3736 FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR LEAKING CAUSING FUEL PRESSURE TO OBLEED OFF L12200. TESTED FOR FUEL PRESSURE AND FUEL PRESSURE DROPPED RAPIDLY. REMOVED FUEL TANK AND REPLACED FUEL PUMP. REINSTALLED FUEL PUMP AND RAODTESTED"

Seems to drive like it should....Its been a few days and I have not been able to duplicate the problem. Thanks for the forum.