Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2012 2500 HD Duramax Battery Dies after 2 Days

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2012, 10:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The truck is a 2012 and mikey shouldn't have to worry about tracing the problem himself. The truck has a warranty exactly for this reason. GM needs to step up to the plate and get this one resolved. Lemon law as a last resort I guess.
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Monorail_Red
The truck is a 2012 and mikey shouldn't have to worry about tracing the problem himself. The truck has a warranty exactly for this reason. GM needs to step up to the plate and get this one resolved. Lemon law as a last resort I guess.
I don't disagree with that at all, however doing a little leg work yourself can save a lot of time, money and frustration... I'd much rather pull a few fuses and relays and have that aha! moment, that I then can take to the dealer to resolve or resolve completely myself, rather then loose the use of my vehicle for hours or days while the dealership does their own troubleshooting...
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Yeah I hear what you're saying. I had a problem with the radio in mine making the high pitched noise and with absolutely no help from GM, it was satisfying the find the root of the cause. Hoping the best for OP.
Old December 30th, 2012, 2:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by Monorail_Red
Wasn't the op posting here for suggestions?
Old December 31st, 2012, 7:45 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> mikeyc,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Please keep us updated of the results of your dealer visit.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately. If you have a case number, please include that in your correspondence as well.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 31st, 2012, 7:55 AM
CF Beginner

Again all comments are appreciated. I have thought about pulling fuses and doing things myself but as stated its a 2012 and I bought that extra warranty too. Also I figure that since it takes 2 to 3 days to due pulling fuses to track down the issue could take months. On the last dealership visit they covered a rental so I wasn't without wheels. We will see what the district rep has to say when they hopefully call me today. Supposed to a within 24 hour call back not including Sunday I will keep everyone posted.
Old December 31st, 2012, 9:15 AM
CF Junior Member

Yeah I kinda figured that there was not much else you could do on your end. Rightfully so, the ball is now in the court of the dealership/GM. Good luck!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Update
No real news or fix GM district basically told me to work with dealer that they need to duplicate issue. I spoke with service and they will provide wheels and keep truck all week but want to wait until all guys back from vacation so I need to take it to them next Monday.

It was dead again today after starting on Saturday and driving a little on Monday but it sat all day Tuesday and until 2 pm today. Volt check across battery showed 6.8 volts
Old January 2nd, 2013, 4:42 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

if the battery is reading 6.8v its shot... no amount of recharging is going to fix that..
Old January 3rd, 2013, 6:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
if the battery is reading 6.8v its shot... no amount of recharging is going to fix that..
The weird thing is if I put my charger on it then it charges last reading today after a few hours charged was 12.10 however at some sweet spot point it will decrease quite a bit. It's important I guess to know that when I read 6.8 volts it was within a few minutes of attempting to start which as you know it didn't. I know the truck has some things that stay on a few minutes after removing the key from the ignition.

Quick Reply: 2012 2500 HD Duramax Battery Dies after 2 Days