Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2012 Silverado cargo lamp

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2021, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Silverado cargo lamp

May be silly sounding but, I have a question in regards to potentially wiring the cargo lamp so that it turns on when putting the vehicle in reverse? Is it even possible given that the cargo lamp is set up to turn on with the dimmer switch on the dash? It's very hard to see behind me at night. Obviously the best option would probably be installing brighter backup bulbs or maybe even an extra aftermarket setup but im trying to get creative before spending any extra cash. I do have tinted windows but there is no tint in the back window as I removed it shortly after I bought the vehicle based on the fact that I couldn't see at night when backing up. Any and all help and guidance are appreciated
Old December 29th, 2021, 3:37 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 92 Likes on 83 Posts

I doubt if you would get much illumination from the cargo lamp..

What I would consider,
Install one or two small LED white lamps that would be tied into the backup light circuit. They don't pull enough power to trigger any adverse problems and will lite up all of what you need to see , plus.If carefully placed , should do the job and not get knocked off easily.
Old December 29th, 2021, 7:02 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Moving to the Silverado section where you will get more views.