Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

88 silverado running rough still.

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2011, 7:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 silverado running rough still.

Ok so I changed out the IAC Valve and the idleing when starting is a lot better. Got in this morning and after starting it up she ran good while parked. Put in gear and tried to drive and she starts jumping and sputtering. once you press the gass pedal a little more it smooths out some. Let off to slow down for the stop signs and it still idles fine, but taking off again it spitts and sputters then smooths out after giving a bit more gas, but this is too much to keep from running into the car in front so I have to let off. Then when I get on it again same thing.
After the engine warms up about 10 min this goes away and all is normal again. Man this is about to drive me crazy. Got to be another simple sensor but which one. Or could it be the plugs? Any ideas.
Old October 26th, 2011, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy do I feel dumb!! I guess either while changing out the IAC or setting the timing I pulled the vacuum line off the EGR. I discovered this tonight while I was spraying Carb/Choke cleaner around the base of the TBI to see if there was a leak. I reset the timing again with the EGR hooked up. I bumped it up just a bit as well. Hopefully this will give me some power back. I know this engine has less than 200Hp so I don't expect it to be a speed demon plus it is a 4x4 so i don't know what to expect. I hope she is a bit more responsive though. Thanks again for all the help fellas.