Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

90 K1500 heater problems

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2011, 3:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 90 K1500 heater problems

my 90 4x4,heater control panel won't regulate to the floor,jest to the dash and defrost positions and now I can't get the hot air,with out disconnecting the battery for a time, and then after a short time or in between shutting the engine off and starting it again,it falls to deliver hot air again,Ive had the flap control motors action visible on the drivers side goes from defrost to dash but in between this motion it throws air out to the floor but not stopping at the floor position,also had the flap motor off the passenger side and apart (could not see the action)so with the unit in my hand tried to throw a few switches to see if it would respond no luck(not working),so I took the lid off and pull a couple of gears,then connected 12 volts for a short time and the motor worked ,hot wires+ going in indicated 12 volts,so I'm thinking its the ground side not making connection,I read one article where the ground wire is some how connected to the parking lights,also thinking that I could splice into the grd. side of the circuit and make a new ground connection,any body no where that might take place?location? location?? location???its cold outside and I need this fixed any body got a wiring diagram for 90's chevy era also is there a heater valve that's water?? or is it just the flapper that controls the heat signature on this unit

Last edited by stevejohnson48; October 19th, 2011 at 3:13 PM.