Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

94 silverado, how much horsepower will this make?

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2009, 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 silverado, how much horsepower will this make?

hey ive got a new project its a 1994 silverado 4x4 tbi

im rebuilding the engine it will be a 4bolt main. im going with the edelbrock performer (not the rpm) top end, so the heads cam(non roller) and intake manifold. im getting the chip with this combo as well...
i also have a pair of shorty headers i will be intalling, most likely single exhaust though (any suggestions for a muffler??) i plan on using the stock throttle body and will probably go with an aftermarket ignition system.

how much horsepower will this combo make? im new to building engines, im hoping to have something tuff enough to tow/haul when i need it, and badass enough to have some serious fun with every now and then.

im getting a pre-assembled short block from my local shop and am also wondering... when i buy the performer package, do i have to take anything to a machine shop before i bolt it on? im really trying to cut costs where possible
Old April 8th, 2009, 6:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anything from edelbrock is bolt on.. as far as mufflers flowmaster is your best bet. for ignition system MSD i have it on my 95 huge improvments.