Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

94 Silverado Not Running Smooth

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2009, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Silverado Not Running Smooth

Hey i have a 94 silverado 5.7 and ive noticed in the past week or so that its running kinda rough. When its in drive and im stopped, and then let off the brake the truck shakes if im moving slow, and when i give it some throttle it seems like power is not there the whole time and it shakes a bit as im accelerating. Its like the revs are jumping around a little bit or something. Its really hard to describe but thats basically how it is. I noticed my shifting is just a little bit rougher than it was when i bought the truck and i noticed the shifting problem around the time when the truck started shaking and whatnot. My one guess that im not sure if its right, is that it is my valve body that is worn which is causing this. If anyone has an opinion or can help me out in any way that would be great. Thanks
Old May 9th, 2009, 2:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When was your last fuel filter change? Check your plug wires to see if they are grounding out.check the coil.Clean the MAF sensor,and throttle body,Check air filter.Check the cap and rotor. Check fuel pressure.
Old May 9th, 2009, 5:17 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you're right on suspecting the trans.