Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

95 k1500 suspension upgrade/?

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2015, 11:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 k1500 suspension upgrade/?

hey all. I bought some rancho shocks for my 95 k 1500 and i had a question about them that maybe someone can clear up for me. I bought the rs5001 for the front & rs 5190 for the rear. Now my question is it says the rs 5001 are used w a 2.5-4in front raised height and the rs 5190 is used with a 0-4in rear raised height. Now i realize this might be a stupid question but do i have to lift my vehicle to use these shocks, yeah probably a question a shoulda asked before i bought them but i got a good deal and a rebate so couldnt help myself lol. The thing is i dont really plan to run bigger than a 31"tire on my truck, which it came with 31's so i know theyll fit. At the moment i dont have the 31s on cuz i'm repainting the rims and the previous owner was running recap tires, which i dont like to run recaps unless its my spare tire. The main reason i even bought them is cuz my trucks shocks are rusty as heck and the previous owner was running what looks like two different ones on the rear, ones a billstein and ones all red lol.

the second part to my question is if i do need a suspension kit how do i know if mine has one already or not. the reason i ask that is the ubolts on the rear leaf springs are long as heck. So i think at some point in time someone had a lift on this truck and maybe removed it because literally the ubolts on the springs hang clear down that its only appx 6 inches from hitting the ground.

Thanks.