Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need suspension upgrade advice: 99 Sub

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2007, 1:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need suspension upgrade advice: 99 Sub

Ok, I posted this here as there seems to be more traffic here than in the suspension area. I looked around and could not find any info.

My 99 1500 Burb LT 2wd has pretty bad understeer at low speeds, especialy parking lot speeds. It seems like the front tires are just scrubbing instead of biting and turning.

The truck is all stock so far. I am runing stock 235/15's at 35 psi front and 45 rear per the door plate. I'll be increasing the fronts to 40 to see what happens, they look underinflated anyway at 35psi.

I do need new tires, but the problems is not just worn treads.

The stock running gear is all tight and in good shape. High speed is ok, a little wobbly on fast lane changes. Yes, I know, it's a big truck and will never handle like a 'Vette, I just want to tighten it up a little. Bigger swaybar? Tighter shocks? I'm an old off-roader, not really up on street performance...but my Jeep handles better, tho sure not smoother!

Thanks much!