Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

97' 1500 Lift!

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2010, 7:50 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See and my buddy who currently has the lift couldnt catch traction with the 305 in it with 35's. It also has a 3 inch body lift, the trucks isnt in the best shape, mines in better shape outside and in. The only other thing we started talking about was maybe upgrading axels, or get ones with gears in them. I think hes running 4:11 gearing, or suggested 4:10. Im totally new to the gearing world so I really have no clue.
Old May 25th, 2010, 12:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you use your truck for a daily or drive alot of highway i would recommend 3:73 gearing just cuz it'll save you gas money 4:10 or 4:11 would be great for a bogger or in town commuting
Old May 25th, 2010, 12:32 PM
CF Junior Member

and with the 4:10 or 4:11 you'll be at a higher rpm while driving
Old May 27th, 2010, 7:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Actually ya that makes more sense now. I do highway driving quite a bit, but also a lot of backroads and town commuting. I would rather go 3:73 gearing. Im not sure what gears im running now, sorry im really new to the whole lifting situation, but would deffinetly like to know more. Like I said ill get the lift and put it in before worrying about the gearing. What other thinks do I have to look at while lifting it?
Old May 28th, 2010, 8:16 PM
CF Junior Member

It's confirmed that the shocks in his truck are beat so I would also need new shocks, which still, the lift and shocks are till only a couple hundred. Also i've been reading about the corvette servo, is that capable for my year truck?
Old May 30th, 2010, 9:24 PM
CF Junior Member

is it the 4.3 with the 5 speed tranny? they are geared perfect even with a lift, my truck has a 4.3 and keeps up with the v8's all the time. my buddy just baught a 98 silverado with a 350 and has a 6 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift and i beat him off the line and still pull away around 60 mph and its a totally stock 4.3, i effin love that truck. unfortunately i just blew the clutch yesterday hhaaa.
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Its not a 5-speed But it still pulled away from my freinds Subaru Impreza and I have an K&N Cold air intake with throttle body spacer, and a turbo thrush muffler. I really love the 4.3L and im currently looking at more to do to it. Im thinking about electric fans, and lighter pully wheels, taking off my A/C and running all of that over. I also am thinking about a Hearthrob exhaust, single in/duel out to 3" tips straight off the back. Maybe cams, although I also have no knowledge in them. The trucks pics up decent, but I had to cut my K&N tube that goes into the throttle body down, and now the rubber sleeve doesnt fit right, but ounce thats good everything will be running good.
Its actually funny I was at a muscle show all day today and it gave me such a better look at the chevy motors. I really dont care if its a 4.3L, its my truck, I love it, and I'll continue to build it!
Old May 31st, 2010, 7:08 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

I love lifts, but as stated in this thread, here are the other things to think about. Shocks, brake lines, gearing for taller tires and possibly a longer rear drive shaft.
Old June 1st, 2010, 7:07 AM
CF Junior Member

I would need to buy the shocks, the ones on his truck are gone. Break Lines I would most likely need to buy as well, although my freind suggested that they have extenders that fit right on the ends of the stock brake lines. I have a chance to buy 35's with 17" MotoMetal rims for a decent price, they only have 300 miles on them. Then the last step would be the gearing. I really have no clue when it comes to gearing or what to buy and look for.
Old June 1st, 2010, 10:48 PM
CF Junior Member

i would say go with 35's, but with a v6, as stated i wouldn't do them, to much power loss and gasmileage. but, if your going to do 33's, don't get the 6" lift, 33's are way to small of a tire with thatmuch of a lift, they don't look good. not tryin to be a party pooper hear. on z71's you can fit 33's stock. they come wtih 31's. if i were you, i would go out and get a set of really agressive nasty lookin 33's, and get a 3" lift, blocks and keys. imo that would look the best.

Quick Reply: 97' 1500 Lift!