Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

ABS Delete Help

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2012, 8:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Delete Help

Well my truck pretty much has no brakes. we have replaced the master cylinder, all brake lines as one blew after another as we fixed them, has new pads and shoes. Brakes have been bled manually and with a power bleeder with no improvements. We have determined that there must be air in the ABS module.

My ABS failed a long time ago and I pulled the fuse so there is no sense in replacing the module so I want to remove it and replace it with a standard proportioning valve. My questions is, has anyone done this and what proportioning valve did you use? Part number would help greatly, thanks in advance.

Vehicle:
95 K1500
Old February 22nd, 2012, 9:30 PM
CF Veteran

there is still a proportioning valve in your master cylinder how did your ABS "fail"? you'd probably have better luck putting the fuse back in and bleeding the abs then full system than you would trying to frankenstein a brake setup
Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
CF Junior Member

when coming to a stop on a perfectly dry surface the ABS would pulse extremely fast (faster than normal operation) causing the truck to shutter and essentially not stop. Replacing the sensors did not fix it so we removed the fuse.

And i am not trying a Frankenstein brake set up, the goal is to make it identical to a pre-ABS set up