Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2012, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Airbag light

I have read some of the threads that have covered this and also seen other sites with this problem and i think i caused it. I have a Chevy 2008 1500 Silverado and the airbag light came on after I had cleaned it and had the seats shampooed. I saw and one forum that the light was caused by the seat sensor could I have done this i only cleaned the drivers seat and always clean the car with warm water, no chemicals then add a dash protectant. Help would be appreciated.
Old April 4th, 2012, 10:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Your air bag warning is on but you seem to be nonchalant about it. You realize the air bags won't deploy if you presently get into a collision? Get it scanned for air bag codes and go from there. There are even a few TSBs, depending.
Old April 5th, 2012, 9:34 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> David Moritz,

The SDM may need to be replaced. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected.

Louis
GM Customer Service